tf2 - hungergames

Jasmine
Veteran

Re: tf2 - hungergames

Post by Jasmine »

As I said, it was just an idea I wanted to throw out there. I appreciate all the feedback and obviously I can't really do much about it since I'm not a coder. Was just an idea ^^
Much love
Jasmine
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

MoneyKidKing wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 am Hunger Games would also be intended as a longer round gamemode (15+ minute rounds) in arena mode, which would easily scare off potential new players due to having to wait so long to play. All of this occurs before taking into consideration cornucopia spawns versus out ring spawns and the balancing between the different weapons.

As for the fortnite gamemode, I would personally be cautious about that gamemode, as it would require being able to easily swap between weapons of varying types (shotgun/smg/sniper/etc), grades, and the ability to carry many that share the same ammo pool. There is also the issue of allowing people to collect resources/build structures in terms of resource usage. If you can figure out ways around those issues, I'd love to see it.
1. Yeah the time could scare off some people. however I don't think it would take that long, as maps can't be that big and the max amount of players we can have is 32. If anything we can also have a team system or something, and if it's really popular we could try setting up some kind of lobby system.

2. Since in fortnite you can only have so many weapons equipped i think it would be a little easier to handle than putting all the weapons in the game or figuring out some other gameplay. I could easily setups some sprites on the player's screen or something like that and weapon grades and ammo could be easy to handle, just reduce/increase damage depending on the weapon grade etc. The only thing that would hold me back on building stuff would have to be the entity limit and the whole destructible stuff would be an issue. I think getting it to just the weapon system of fortnite would be the best since it's already planned out there currently.

Let's figure out some of the weapon models atleast: (don't worry about animation to player model conflicts etc)

Rifles
M16:
SCAR:
Scoped Rifle: Machina
Burst Rifle:

Submachine Guns
Submachine Gun:
Tactical SMG: Sniper's default SMG
Silenced SMG: Cleaner's Carbine

Pistol
Revolver: Spy's revolver or w/e
Pistol: Scout's Pistol

Shotgun
Pump: Heavy's family business shotgun
Tactical: Scout's scattergun?

Snipers
Bolt Action: AWPer Hand
Semi: (This sniper can be changed to act like a semi auto)

Explosives
Rocket Launcher: Soldier's rocket launcher of course.
Grenade Launcher: Demo's grenade launcher

Some of these weapons can probably be added later and later more we add to the gamemode if we decide to do this.

It would be cool to get some modelers to create some replacement weapon models for this gamemode, making it look better and easier to develop. Also if we could get a generic model that works on all class animations the animations for the classes wouldn't be an issue.

For any of this to work it would need (to look good)
1. Huge map with different spots to land. (this may take a while)
2. Player model edited (or even just a new player model altogether perhaps) to allow weapons to be held.
3. The main plugin to handle all the mechanics including: the weapon pickups switches and displaying what weapons a player is holding. Also a drop system to allow players to drop from the top of the map, similar to PubG and Fornite, because it adds a random factor. Also random loot, where players can find health packs etc. Not to mention if we do teams we will need a "Down-but-not-out" recover system.

However with that all said, I still like the idea and if we have the ability to do it we should take the chance to do it before some one else does.
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

So I did some more thinking and the only thing that really blocks this idea now is hitreg. As you know there are issues with FriendlyFire and hitreg. I could either leave this alone and ignore it, or the only other way to solve this is to try creating my own weapon fire mechanism which would also include drop off shots. I could essentially do this pretty easily with some tracerays etc, however I don't want to put too much stress on the server while all this is happening.
If i were to do this I'll start of with the basics of some kind of ammo/weapon inventory system and try a get-together with some of the admins.
This gamemode would require downloaded files and will probably restrict players to the soldier class.

Edit: Theres a chance friendly fire will work the way I want it to with tf_avoid_teammates 0, however there were reports for melee weapons not working well (this would only be a minor issue).
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.