Gamemode: Saxton Hale

S00PER
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 am

Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby S00PER » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:02 am

We all know Freak Fortress is great fun, if you've played it you'll know that it's unique and offers a different experience every game. But there's one thing i've recently looked into.


Gamemode: Saxton Hale

There is only one server that hosts this, with a maximum of 24 players. There are only a few hales, and they are chosen at random. For as long as i've looked the only unique part about VSH i've found is being able to fight saxton hale; and also the smaller server size. One thing i question is why is FF and VSH seperated? I see no point in doing so. In my time there i've noticed other things too, the gamemode itself is unrefined and easy. It's repetitive and gets boring quickly. The people who play it agree, and i'd have to guess they stay there for the players who they're friends with. The point i want to make is that i think this server should be removed, and Saxton Hale the boss should be set as a uni-hale for the FF2 servers. Again, there's no point in having a server dedicated to around 3 hales, 2 of which can be found in other servers.


Aftermath

Well what would happen after this? I think this would give opportunity for new gamemode to be added in replace of that server, i won't give any suggestions though.




Summary

VSH is seemingly pointless and i'm concerned about it.

Got any thoughts?

User avatar
fishermatt3552
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:44 pm
Location: Canton, MI, USA

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby fishermatt3552 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:12 am

USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Fish

Image

User avatar
Charizard
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:19 am
Location: ˈhäˌspidl

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby Charizard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:32 am

Please, server #2 is already gone, you can't get rid of the only hale server.

These servers from DISC are based on popularity. Not "amount of bosses" or whatever you were trying to imply. Saxton has maintained it's popularity ever since it came out. Yes, we're hanging with an average of 15 players, but that's still something.

If you actually did your research, you would know that Freak Fortress came from Saxton. As bad as it sounds, Saxton is the "OG Freak Fortress."

VSH is not pointless and you shouldn't be concerned about it.
Image
Image

User avatar
Idjit
Veteran
Posts: 348
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:10 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby Idjit » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:47 am

You've listed the reason as to why the two game modes are separate yourself, you know. Freak Fortress is an entirely different experience every single round, with insanely diverse abilities such as Noclip, or Shrinking the enemy players. Saxton Hale offers a consistent experience, one that rarely deviates from very basic boss designs. Many players, myself included, prefer this over the seemingly random rounds that occur on Freak Fortress due to the ridiculous amount of unique bosses. Simply put, the game mode exists because people enjoy it.

Just because some people don't, does not mean it should be removed. If anything, your post comes off as more an attack on the game mode and it's player base as opposed to any kind of constructive criticism. Any good intentions were lost the moment you started talking about how boring, or easy it was, since these are all subjective and occur on a player to player basis.
Last edited by Idjit on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Image

S00PER
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:42 am

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby S00PER » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:28 am

Charizard wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:32 am
Please, server #2 is already gone, you can't get rid of the only hale server.

These servers from DISC are based on popularity. Not "amount of bosses" or whatever you were trying to imply. Saxton has maintained it's popularity ever since it came out. Yes, we're hanging with an average of 15 players, but that's still something.

If you actually did your research, you would know that Freak Fortress came from Saxton. As bad as it sounds, Saxton is the "OG Freak Fortress."

VSH is not pointless and you shouldn't be concerned about it.
For 1: I know they're based on popularity, i just don't see a reason to keep a server up and running due to the one gimmick of "You get to play and fight as saxton hale"; Again, people seem to stay there due to other gamers they're famaliar with playing on that server. Also Versus Saxton Hale disregards that's it's specifically called "Versus Saxton hale", it doesn't even perfectly accomplish what it says it does by adding other said "hales".

For 2: I know that, i've been around for a noteworthy amount of time, it had to start somewhere, that's why i suggested this in the first place, that's why i suggest saxton as a uni-boss.

For 3: I know it's not completely pointless, it's just lacking. As i said, even the people who play it agree.


Idjit wrote: You've listed the reason as to why the two game modes are separate yourself, you know. Freak Fortress is an entirely different experience every single round, with insanely diverse abilities such as Noclip, or Shrinking the enemy players. Saxton Hale offers a consistent experience, one that rarely deviates from very basic boss designs. Many players, myself included, prefer this over the seemingly random rounds that occur on Freak Fortress due to the ridiculous amount of unique bosses. Simply put, the game mode exists because people enjoy it.

Just because some people don't, does not mean it should be removed. If anything, your post comes off as more an attack on the game mode and it's player base as opposed to any kind of constructive criticism. Any good intentions were lost the moment you started talking about how boring, or easy it was, since these are all subjective and occur on a player to player basis.
For the entire first section i can't really disagree. But-

How many times will i have to say it? The people who play on that server appear to play on that server specifically for their fellow gamers.

And here's where it all goes down hill.

I can see how somebody would see it coming off as aggressive. If you didn't read the six totally optional words after all of that. I was speaking for other people aswell as myself.

Subjective points? Of course they're all subjective, again i'm speaking for multiple people.


Also, sorry for the late response if any of you care. I was sidetracked doing other things while i left all this open.

User avatar
JackieDrawsCx
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 am

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby JackieDrawsCx » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 am

Honestly i put it this way, VSH is more like a place thats simple. Believe it or not there are people (like myself) that like its simplicity. Some people dont like having a huge ammount of bosses or remembering what they all do and how to defeat them. I guess its like this "dont get rid of vanilla ice cream just because youre a bigger fan of cookies and cream"
Image
Also known as ☆♥Moshi Moshi♥☆

User avatar
FawfulRoach
Veteran
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:34 am
Location: CWCville, Virginia

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby FawfulRoach » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 am

The others nailed this on the head. As stated before, there are just too many differences between VSH and FF's gameplay as well as playerbases and their preferences. On top of this, both servers still maintain fine to great activity, so its pretty difficult to take this suggestion seriously.
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Rigby! wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:38 pm
Just beat your kids and they won't end up beating off to dragons

User avatar
Polar Bear Facts
Server Admin
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:23 am

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby Polar Bear Facts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:35 am

A recent visitor to the VSH servers observes it, makes assumptions about why people play on the server and starts a post in an attempt to shut said server down. Hoo boy, I can't imagine how this could end.

Here's a crazy thought. What if people actually prefer the smaller VSH servers, more vanilla gameplay, and VSH community over Freak Fortress? What if some players enjoy the difference in servers and have a good time experiencing each of them separately between a rotating list of 3 bosses vs an increasing list of 5 boss packs?

Contrary to popular (read: your) belief, bigger isn't always better. There are plenty of people that prefer the smaller scale fights, server size, boss list, etc. that VSH offers over Freak Fortress. Judging by your "research" into why people play on the server, you really didn't bother to check in with the regulars who actually enjoy the server, did you?

I can promise you if the server was shut down tomorrow, there would be a lot of frustrated people. Freak Fortress and VSH are separate for a reason.

Summary

This suggestion is just about as helpful as installing a screen door on submarine.
Last edited by Polar Bear Facts on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Charizard
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:19 am
Location: ˈhäˌspidl

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby Charizard » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 am

S00PER wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:28 am
For 1: I know they're based on popularity, i just don't see a reason to keep a server up and running due to the one gimmick of "You get to play and fight as saxton hale"; Again, people seem to stay there due to other gamers they're famaliar with playing on that server. Also Versus Saxton Hale disregards that's it's specifically called "Versus Saxton hale", it doesn't even perfectly accomplish what it says it does by adding other said "hales".
We both know why the server is up. You even said it yourself. It's based on how popular it is. If people enjoy it, then they enjoy it. You can't change the fact that people will like VSH more than FF.

Your supporting points don't correlate to your argument at all. Mentioning that it has a misleading title doesn't help. You could say the same for freak. Also mentioning that people stay there because of their friends. You could say that to every server.

Could you just accept that people like the server? If you don't like the server, then I'd suggest what Fisher said. Stick to Freak Fortress.
Last edited by Charizard on Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

User avatar
SpicyCandy
Co-Owner
Posts: 2841
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:08 am

Re: Gamemode: Saxton Hale

Postby SpicyCandy » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:00 am

A lot of people play on that server, so no.
Image


Return to “Complaints/Suggestions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest