Can this community help me gametest this vsh map?

ChicagoBen

Can this community help me gametest this vsh map?

Post by ChicagoBen »

I've had a Vs. Saxton Hale map in the works for a few months and its mostly done just need to fix a few boring logic things and cleaning things up. I've had a dozen or so people look at this map individually in-game for input and gameplay sense but nothing pans out like throwing it in the fire.

So heres hoping that I can talk to someone in charge of the vsh map rotation here and ask permissions to add a working version of this map so I can watch and record how players play and explore the map.

Map is loosely based off the old school map absolute_zero_B1 with its game design and its large size/winter theme+water and open scale of the map.

Map is somewhere around 55-77 MB size right now depending on the custom assets/lighting I use or don't use

https://imgur.com/a/yiyQp a few overhead pics of the map so far.

Thank you for the time.
Last edited by ChicagoBen on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChicagoBen

Re: Can this community help me gametest this vsh map?

Post by ChicagoBen »

1 Reason I go to you guys is I like the old school vsh servers and its more designed with that balance in mind.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Post the link to the map and I will have someone test it and put it on the server if it's good.
ImageImage
ChicagoBen

Post by ChicagoBen »

gunna need to remove some extrras and a compile so give me 1-2 hours
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Added.
ImageImage
ChicagoBen

Post by ChicagoBen »

Oh shit it was played dang it I missed it, does the server record demos or do I just have to catch it later and record?
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

ChicagoBen wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:51 am Oh shit it was played dang it I missed it, does the server record demos or do I just have to catch it later and record?
fire added it to the freak fortress servers as well. try seeing if you can play it on there too. (you have a chance of seeing it in 4 different servers)

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
ChicagoBen

Post by ChicagoBen »

Fire you can remove the map whenever you feel necessary, thank you for letting me look at the map in a more live setting. It does have a sorta game breaking exploit. (A hole that makes you 4x larger on Red team and after that it should kill you doesn't right now, with cloak spys, bonk scouts, etc when it should)

I mean the 4x bigger thing makes it hard to move and your screen bugs out more than it being useful, just degrades the rounds more often than not to gags. Obviously fixed that in later versions on as I keep moving toward a more finished product.
Last edited by ChicagoBen on Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChicagoBen

Post by ChicagoBen »

Also your FF2 servers having super duber jump on even 1 hp of damage taken is pretty op and makes its dumb easy for bosses to win since water should deal damage to blues to encourage getting out of water and not hiding in it, instead makes bosses have the ability to fly nonstop with minimal penalty. (seriously the average filter for duper jumps in vsh is like 250 per hit why is it 1 hp? Someone told me its because of pits that deal low damage in other maps you have but thats the shitty maps faults not every maps fault for crappy game design.)

I mean if finish the map I would legit have to spend 2 hours just for the ff2 servers here to have a custom version with how game breaking that is.
Last edited by ChicagoBen on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.