Clue Map Crash Issue (Murder)

General Gaston

Clue Map Crash Issue (Murder)

Post by General Gaston »

Hey all,
So as we know, our favorite map Clue on the murder server crashes a lot of people on start up. I believe the issue for the map is that there's a leak causing the crashes, since you only crash if you try to spawn in Pre-round. I'm not a total map expert (I've only worked on TTT maps Via Counter Strike Source's Hammer program) but I do believe it's the actual cause of the crashing
Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Clue Map Crash Issue (Murder)

Post by Mitch »

I'll have to decompile the map and try recompiling it to see what's wrong with the map. I don't remember having these issues when it was first added on.
I'm also thinking about putting the other clue map from cs:s onto the server also.

Edit: just decompiled the clue map, and although it looks fucking awefully mapped there were no reports of any leaks.
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Gaston

Post by General Gaston »

That's surprising. I'd suggest looking into another clue map, since it has crashed half the server most of the time it's picked. I might take a look at it later once I decompile it.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Wanna go ahead and voice confirmation. Last time I was on and it changed to Clue, I myself got a crash as well.

Which is odd considering the time before I was in just fine.

Second possibility: Is there a small chance that multiple people are receiving a corrupted file, which could...potentially be caused by the map being a mess? Don't know much about map coding, but just a guess.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Ive went ahead and recompiled the map with a skybox boxed around it, hopefully that'll fix it.
I have a few more maps we're gonna add tonight also but it might take awhile
When clue shows up as "Clue (TF2)" in the menu then you'll know its the updated version.