New bosses on FF2?

SomebadCandy933

New bosses on FF2?

Post by SomebadCandy933 »

So I'm scrolling around Facebook and see some kinda meme with Thanos and the TF2 mercs. Mad God vs Mad Mercs. And I see no one talking about VSH. figured it's about time for a few new bosses on FF2. Like Deadpool or Trevor Phillips. I know a lot of people who won't play FF2 with me because the bosses aren't good. So I'm thinking new bosses might get new players on FF2. And maybe people won't only play on server 1. I don't know. Just an idea.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Re: New bosses on FF2?

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

https://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2325 if you want to make freak fortress boss suggestions you should post on this thread. but it would be a good idea to provide a link to the model if it exists.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
My Sanity

Re: New bosses on FF2?

Post by My Sanity »

To "yes, and" Lewanda here (work phrase, ask me about it):

Fire does a great job already adding bosses to the Freak servers when he can. Typically it can take a month or two to test and refine a boss before release. Plus adding bosses isn't typically free, unless you wan't completely half-assed broken bosses. When adding a boss, it needs to be sponsored so it can be used to pay programer(s) so the boss works well in TF2 and sometimes designers for various bosses before they are put to testing. If you have a boss suggestion with all the details worked out, you could sponsor that boss and message Fire with details on it.

In addition to adding new bosses, you also want to make sure the boss is unique in his abilities and play styles and not just have a clone of an already existing boss (IE Super jump, then Stun on rage/etc). So while you might have good suggestions (I like the Thanos idea, I have a few ideas for that one), you want to make sure that his abilities match what theme the boss is.

The reason people only (mostly) play on server 1 is that has its own unique community of players that only like playing on server 1 (could be where there friends are, where they can Try-hard, or like full servers) and some (read: lots) try-hards, not from the lack of Freak Bosses. We try to keep server 2 and 3 populated and when people play on them, they get fairly popular, but to that some people like playing on a Full sever and not half full (and vice versa).

Likewise, you could help seed the server and play more :). I'd suggest getting on between 4-9pm CST during the week (typically I'm lurking about) and you'll see 2 or 3 (sometimes both) with a decent regular crowd.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.