FF2 Boss Pack Reshuffle Proposal

My Sanity

Re: FF2 Boss Pack Reshuffle Proposal

Post by My Sanity »

Hylie, you made me think on this and I realize that there are some errors for some of the bosses, but doesn't appear to be breaking how we configured the boss packs.

There are 25 bosses that were only sorted by movement (core) abilities: 6 grappling hook bosses (In a Red shade/1 per pack) and 19 teleportation bosses (bright yellow/3 per pack except 5 got 4). I think this fine as these bosses are unique in themselves, so it gave us the ability to sort the super/dash jump bosses by sub-core abilities and thus gave us better shuffle in result.

Also, the new boss Shapeshifter (in BP #1) does summon people (I think up to 8 at a time?). Also, you could make an argument that Billy the Doll summons people. Because we didn't sub-sort the teleportation bosses properly, it looks like BP#6 has more summoning bosses in it now. I'll look to see if I can move folks around.

Edit: I moved Wheatly from BP#6 and swapped him with Wobbeffet (BP#2) and MeeM (BP#6) with Mewtwo (BP#1). The only major difference is BP#6 is now at 44%, but thats within except-able limits. I swapped these bosses as their core was telportation, so I'd like to keep the same amount of teleportation bosses in each pack while keeping the win ratio of that pack fairly even with the rest of the packs. Now there are 2 summoning bosses per pack. Thanks for the kickstart on where I made the mistake Hylie. Looking over this to see if I made more mistakes.
Last edited by My Sanity on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

My Sanity wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 am Also, you could make an argument that Billy the Doll summons people.
It's more of a friendly fire ability than a summon, which also teleports him into someone.
But other than that, I have a variety of characters who I like to play in every pack, so I'm up for the variety. I think what's been suggested is pretty good.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

Quite the most beautiful thing I've seen in a while.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

Clearly a lot of effort was put into this boss pack rework, and I think making it official would be a great idea.

On a somewhat unrelated note, not every boss has an actual description of its abilities; old bosses such as Charizard either have placeholder descriptions (i.e. "Charizard is a character from pokemon") or no description at all.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
KnotRed

Post by KnotRed »

after viewing the prosposed pack shuffle, I can say that I would be happy to see this made official

#makeithappen
This is just a suggestion, its basically a grain of sand that nobody cares about
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Updated boss pack image on front page.
ImageImage
Itsy-Bitsy

Post by Itsy-Bitsy »

As with everyone else, I really like this reworking. Thank you for putting all of that effort in to do this, I really do think this would be ideal.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Y'all better hope and pray I'm not on shark week