[FF2] Weapon Suggestions

AgentApple50

[FF2] Weapon Suggestions

Post by AgentApple50 »

ALL WEAPONS HAVE THEIR CURRENT STATS REMOVED AND ARE REPLACED WITH THE SUGGESTED UNLESS SAID OTHERWISE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back Scatter:

Mini-crits targets when fired at their back from close range
Crits whenever it would mini-crit
+25% damage bonus
-34% clip size
-20% less accurate

Baby Face's Blaster:

On hit: build Boost
Run speed increased with Boost
Boost decays over time (2-3 seconds)
+25% damage bonus
-10% slower movement speed on wearer
-----NEW-----
On hit: build Boost
Run speed increased with Boost (100 dmg to fill meter)
Boost decays over time (1-1.5 seconds)
Mini-crits whenever it would crit
-10% slower movement speed on wearer

Atomizer: Pre-nerf from Jungle Inferno

Grants the ability to triple jump
Triple jump deals 10 damage when used
-30% slower firing speed
-20% damage against players

Sun-on-a-Stick:

300% damage bonus vs burning players
Target is engulfed in flames
-50% damage penalty against non-burning players
-25% slower firing speed

Beggar's Bazooka:

Hold Fire to load up to three rockets
Release Fire to unleash the barrage
+25% faster reload speed
Overloading the chamber will cause a misfire

Air Strike:

-15% blast damage from rocket jumps
Clip size increased on goomba
-15% damage penalty
-10% explosion radius

Mantreads:

75% reduction in push force taken from damage
Deals 5x falling damage to the player you land on
-75% reduction in airblast vulnerability
200% increased air control when blast jumping
+10% faster movement speed on wearer
+10% faster reload speed on wearer

Righteous Bison:

100% damage bonus
25% faster reload speed
25% faster firing speed
Does not require ammo
Projectile penetrates enemy targets
Projectile cannot be deflected
Deals only 20% damage to buildings

Market Gardener:

+500% damage bonus while blast jumping
-75% slower firing speed

Flare Gun/Detonator:

100% crits at all times
100% damage bonus against burning players

Thermal Thruster:

Able to relaunch while already in flight
15% faster deploy speed
15% faster holster speed

Gas Passer:

300% afterburn damage bonus
Explode on ignite (MvM upgrade, does 350 damage)

Axtinguisher/Postal Pummeler:

300% damage bonus against burning targets
-50% damage penalty against non-burning targets
25% faster deploy time
Extinguishes target on hit

Vita-Saw:

Ubercharge starts at 55% instead of 41%
-25 max health on wearer

Jarate/Self-Aware Beauty Mark:

Remove 20% of the boss' rage
-20% shorter cooldown when extinguishing a teammate

Your Eternal Reward/Wanga Prick: Overpowered?

No decloak noise
Cannot disguise

Conniver's Kunai:

-55 health on wearer
Does not take fall damage
+75 health gained on backstab (can overheal)
100% longer overheal duration

Ambassador:
Crits on headshot
-15% damage penalty
-20% slower firing speed
No random critical hits
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feedback is appreciated! I believe these changes could help spice up Freak Fortress 2, and could create some interesting and fun combinations.
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Mon May 28, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
HankHill
Veteran

Re: [FF2] Weapon Suggestions

Post by HankHill »

AgentApple50 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:20 amYour Eternal Reward/Wanga Prick:
No decloak noise
Cannot disguise
There are no words to explain why that is overpowered.
Last edited by HankHill on Mon May 28, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

VSH and FF2 servers have the same stats and attributes for their weapons, so you should also think about how these balances would affect a 24 man server as well. The baby-faces blaster you suggested would be overpowered imo.

Why don't you think up something for the buff banner, fist of steel, and the vacinator too.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

AgentApple50 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:20 am Jarate/Self-Aware Beauty Mark:

I can't explain how op/broken that would be.
Last edited by Sheep on Mon May 28, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banners/Logos are for the weak...
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

HankHill wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:33 am
AgentApple50 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:20 amYour Eternal Reward/Wanga Prick:
No decloak noise
Cannot disguise
There are no words to explain why that is overpowered.
Okay, maybe just reduced cloak noise? I thought no cloak noise would be fine since the hales are constantly being shot at and have things like voice chat and music playing which most of the time mask the cloak sound anyway. Hales are also faster than spies, so decloaking right behind them doesn’t always work. I saw this done in another server so I thought it would be alright but if it is deemed op then something can change. Thanks for the feedback.
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

ShakSheep wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:36 pm
AgentApple50 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:20 am Jarate/Self-Aware Beauty Mark:

I can't explain how op/broken that would be.
In its current state, jarate removes 8 percent rage. You also need to take into account things like super jumping to dodge it or the maps terrain as the splash of jarate and mad milk are be very inconsistent. You are giving up constant health regen with the cozy camper, which limits the use of the bushwacka too. I was told that a single crit rocket gives about 8 rage (don’t quote me on that), so I don’t see the problem with boosting the jarate’s effect up by 12 percent. The only real situation in which this could be a problem is if an entire team of 31 players went sniper, since he has no class limit. Perhaps the effect could be nerfed based on the amount of people playing sniper. Thanks for the feedback anyways.
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

Rigby! wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:17 pm VSH and FF2 servers have the same stats and attributes for their weapons, so you should also think about how these balances would affect a 24 man server as well. The baby-faces blaster you suggested would be overpowered imo.

Why don't you think up something for the buff banner, fist of steel, and the vacinator too.
I was unaware that FF2 and VSH share the same stats. So yeah some of these would be overpowered on VSH. As far as I can remember, the buff banner has a 100% increase in duration, but the fists of steel and vaccinators remain unmodified and replaced.

My first instinct with the gusts of steel would be to reduce all damage taken when active, but that would be abused. Perhaps when equipping the fists of steel, you are immune to random crits at all times? I’m not sure though as it could be a pain in the ass for certain bosses like Bonk Boy and Jigglypuff.

I have no idea what to do with the vaccinators unfortunately, I cannot find a way to change it without being a downgrade from stock or being overpowered.

As for the Baby Face’s Blaster, I could see it as an issue. I forgot taunting for crits was a thing, which would let you deal 100 damage from a long range to keep your short boost. The damage bonus could probably go, but I’m sure your main concern is the speed mechanic. The boost would be very short as a full meter would decay in about a second. This means that if you have full boost and miss your next shot, you will be at 0 boost. Maybe giving it the attribute “minicrits whenever it would normally crit” and removing the damage buff would make it more balanced?

Stats aside, do you think the weapon concept itself is decent? It might just simply be very annoying to play against, which isn’t good.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Just as a note, multiposting is typically frowned upon, as it takes up much space and people view fewer posts per page. Combining them into one post and deleting the excess would probably help.

To be more specific with why the lack of cloaking noise would be overpowered, I'll be using examples from VSH, since weapons almost always share the same stats between that server and Freak Fortress.

When there are nothing but spies left (happens more than one might think), it basically turns into a fest of "shoot and cloak". Hale, at the point, kinda has to depend on listening for the decloak sounds in order to track them down. Without that, it would simply lead to early capping OR basically delaying the game for those that refuse to cap, the latter being against the rule (Stalling or Delaying the round will result in a punishment). It gets more annoying with the Dead Ringer, obviously. Since disguising is rarely used or, at the very least, used as a side option in an attempt to get closer to Hale (which is typical, but not the meta), losing the ability to disguise while gaining even a reduced cloak noise would be a huge upside with almost no downside for Spy.

I hope that explains things more.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

AgentApple50 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:39 pm In its current state, jarate removes 8 percent rage. You also need to take into account things like super jumping to dodge it or the maps terrain as the splash of jarate and mad milk are be very inconsistent. You are giving up constant health regen with the cozy camper, which limits the use of the bushwacka too. I was told that a single crit rocket gives about 8 rage (don’t quote me on that), so I don’t see the problem with boosting the jarate’s effect up by 12 percent. The only real situation in which this could be a problem is if an entire team of 31 players went sniper, since he has no class limit. Perhaps the effect could be nerfed based on the amount of people playing sniper. Thanks for the feedback anyways.
Tbh, when I read the suggested stats for the Jarate I completely ignored to take into count that it still has the same seconds of cooldown like plain old Jarate. my bad.
Banners/Logos are for the weak...
KnotRed

Post by KnotRed »

All info removed from post
Last edited by KnotRed on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is just a suggestion, its basically a grain of sand that nobody cares about