Murder Suggestion: Refinery Map

My Sanity

Murder Suggestion: Refinery Map

Post by My Sanity »

The map, Refinery (well played map), has a room with a furnace that when pushing a button on the outside, traps people inside and kills them. As a murder, this can be super helpful.

Most of the time however, I see others abusing the feature, by baiting their team mates into the room and killing them or spamming chat/mic telling them to get in.

Can we either move the health pack from this room, enable only the blue folks to trigger the room, or just disable the button all together?

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

Blockhead

Re: Murder Suggestion: Refinery Map

Post by Blockhead »

Personally I think it's a fun little addition to the map. It's good for a laugh or two, but gets old quickly. To be honest I don't think it needs removing as such as many people will know the risks of running in there very quickly and does offer an interesting health pack risk.

You're right though it can get tiresome for people constantly wanting team mates to get in.
I drew this line myself
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

I find that is the main reason people play the map. We love burning each other in the furnace.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

In my opinion there isn't much wrong with the furnace trap; the idea of a trapped room filled with goodies has existed since Unreal Tournament. To be completely honest, however, there should probably be a few more warning signs to make sure new players know they're putting their lives at stake by entering the room.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Been playing on Refinery since my days in Saxton Hell, as it was a common pick in their VSH server. Never found the furnace an issue (hell, it became kind of a running joke there) and it's pretty obvious how it's triggered and to typically avoid it. Worst-case, takes a single round to understand.

Opposite teams killing each other with it is one thing (obvs). Griefing your own teammates is also close to a non-issue from personal experience, as the people that normally play don't do that--if they do, as Lewanda hinted towards, it's almost never with I'll intent. On the off chance it does happen (and it's malicious, of course), having a recording of it and a witness or two goes well into making a report on the forums.

Edit: Just noticed Sanity is the OP. Well, I feel stupid now. I guess ban people for griefing if it's malicious?
Last edited by HankHill on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

I've already kind of stated this but in the next update artifacts will act as small health kits and replenish a small amount of health to incite searching for them and getting the gun. If people are trying to use their gun as a threat and start RDM people because of it let an admin know and we'll treat their rdm as griefing. I'd rather not remove this feature from the map, however after an update if it seems people are still being greifed into going into the furnace we can make it a murderer only type of trap.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.