Suggestion to improve the overall player enjoyment of murder Mod

82$ CardBoard

Suggestion to improve the overall player enjoyment of murder Mod

Post by 82$ CardBoard »

Intro

After playing countless hours on murder mod you start to get chill and used to waiting the few minutes after re spawning but some games you get killed right at the begging and then the murderer knows he does not need to kill anyone else to not get exposed so he can play as campy as the wish with no restraints. For example : Countless games have gone down one path I die at the start And then the murder just chats with others and kills once and a while while I sit at my desktop waiting for the next round watching people dancing even the players that are still alive are bored. After 2 minutes in the game and only about 2 people die there is no stress so they just dance as If there is nothing to fear if there where no murder at all.

Suggestion

-So my suggestion is that we implement a loose 1:30 Kill counter so if the murder does not kill a bystander he gets either exposed or starts taking 10 damage a second but the exposed does not truly solve the problem since most of the time its the last 2 mins of the game 5 bystanders remain and the murder sits down and starts planing he has already been spotted and kosed so being exposed is nothing to fear so the 10 damage a second would give them some more of a intensive to kill.

Conclusion

Briefly I would like to thank you mtch for reading this and at least thinking about implanting this in 1 way or another I hope my terrible english does not bother you much or my lake of punctuation. Anyhow I think adding this to the game would be awesome and should not require a lot of programming time and would be a simple fix to a long standing issue.

-Thanks 82$ Cardboard
Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Suggestion to improve the overall player enjoyment of murder Mod

Post by Mitch »

Hmm, i'm not sure how I like the whole damage over time, however i'll try to implement something in where after a bit of not killing you will be exposed. 10 dmg a second seems like a ton, meaning you'd have 13 seconds to get another kill once you realize you're exposed or you'll be dead, even less time if you were hurt previously. I'll try looking into some kind of method of punishing players that take too long in getting kills.
82$ CardBoard

Post by 82$ CardBoard »

Mitch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:09 pm 10 dmg a second seems like a ton, meaning you'd have 13 seconds to get another kill once you realize you're exposed or you'll be dead, even less time if you were hurt previously. I'll try looking into some kind of method of punishing players that take too long in getting kills.
They Have a total of 1:43 seconds per kill you could maybe factor the amount of players as well to vary the time
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

82$ CardBoard wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:40 pm
Mitch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:09 pm 10 dmg a second seems like a ton, meaning you'd have 13 seconds to get another kill once you realize you're exposed or you'll be dead, even less time if you were hurt previously. I'll try looking into some kind of method of punishing players that take too long in getting kills.
They Have a total of 1:43 seconds per kill you could maybe factor the amount of players as well to vary the time
I'm trying to think of a way to reward players for being active murderers, let me know if you have any ideas. I'd rather only penalize them if I need to. I'll implement what you suggest (except for the steep damage per second) and make it so you have a kill timer instead of the old method of killing one person and chilling for the rest of the round, perhaps start damaging 10 hp per 5 seconds of no killing someone after 1 minute. I'll make it so it goes like this:
Round starts at 5:00 minutes
No kills by 4:45 mark it will warn the player every 5 seconds in chat until they get a kill. At 4:00 it will start to hurt and expose them.
If you get a kill it will add 1 minute until it starts hurting you again and warn you 45 seconds into that timer until they get another kill.

This suggestion probably wont make games any faster but it might help more than just 1 timer at the beginning.
kookie

Post by kookie »

Mitch wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:40 pm I'm trying to think of a way to reward players for being active murderers, let me know if you have any ideas.
Am dumb, haven't played murder in a while, this doesn't concern me at all, but why not add max/replenish cloak meter (scaled by x and y) to the murderer who kills x amount of people in y amount of time?

If that's too hard, not balanced enough or not possible, you could probably add a slight speed increase to anyone rampaging, not enough to be noticed by others, but enough to be of use?

Otherwise you could add health?
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Those ideas would be fine for the default murderer class but it gets into the territory of the other murderer classes. Currently all classes are one hit kill by the gun, i mean i could make it replenish health but adding to the max health wouldn't balance right and would be a dead give away for a murderer having 200 hp instead of 125 like all other players.
As for the cloaking etc it gets more into the issue of extra coding for each of the classes something that i wouldn't want to dive into.