April Event for FF2

KnotRed

April Event for FF2

Post by KnotRed »

Hello, its me, the guy that makes too many suggestions on FF2, but how about something that might get a few laughs, an idea I had fun with when I went to a different FF2 server that for the full month of April all the bosses names were changed to be funny or wierd, there could even be a poll to submit names, but there would be strict rules for it, i.e: nothing racist & so on

some names that I thought of for this type of event;

Gangplank = Wannabe Jack Sparrow
Dark Pit = Edgy Angel
Little Mac = Big rage, Little package

The actual bosses names can still be seen on the boss confirm, so not to confuse players of their selection
Spoiler
send me a pm or contact me on steam on your thoughts , or if this is a bad idea just lock this topic or delete it
Last edited by KnotRed on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is just a suggestion, its basically a grain of sand that nobody cares about
Faiithe
Veteran

Re: April Event for FF2

Post by Faiithe »

So what exactly is the point of changing the names for a 100+ bosses for a month and reverting it back?
Last edited by Faiithe on Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

OK sure you can do the 40 hours worth of work to change the descriptions and names. Then we will make you change it all back 30 days later for 40 more hours worth of work.

Would someone with good sense just lock this thread??????
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Darkone2e wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:51 am OK sure you can do the 40 hours worth of work to change the descriptions and names. Then we will make you change it all back 30 days later for 40 more hours worth of work.

What makes you think reverting the list would take any more than just using a backup? Locking threads just because people disagree with an idea is a terrible way to manage a community.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Mitch wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:14 pm
Darkone2e wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:51 am OK sure you can do the 40 hours worth of work to change the descriptions and names. Then we will make you change it all back 30 days later for 40 more hours worth of work.

What makes you think reverting the list would take any more than just using a backup? Locking threads just because people disagree with an idea is a terrible way to manage a community.
Did you really miss the sarcasm??? I am disappointed......
kookie

Darkone please stop

Post by kookie »

It isn't a bad idea per se, it's just that, like Faiithe said, there's no real reason/incentive to do it.
Why April and not May?
Why for only/a whole month?
There isn't a real purpose and the best you'll get from this event would be a couple laughs now and then and that's it.
Polar Bear Facts
Veteran

Re: Darkone please stop

Post by Polar Bear Facts »

kookie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:10 pm It isn't a bad idea per se, it's just that, like Faiithe said, there's no real reason/incentive to do it.
Why April and not May?
There isn't a real purpose and the best you'll get from this event would be a couple laughs now and then and that's it.

I think the intention of the suggestion was as a month long April Fool’s joke.
Last edited by Polar Bear Facts on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Re: Darkone please stop

Post by Faiithe »

Polar Bear Facts wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:20 am
kookie wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:10 pm It isn't a bad idea per se, it's just that, like Faiithe said, there's no real reason/incentive to do it.
Why April and not May?

I think the intention of the suggestion was as a month long April Fool’s joke.

I feel like that would annoy a lot of the players especially since they have to go through boss confirm to make sure they picked the right boss. Not a lot of us remembers where the boss we want is in the list. For a day, it would be "funny" but understandable as a joke day but making it into a month could potentially piss off some players and could deter them from playing as a hale out of frustration.

So in the end, there's not much real good reason to do this other than a "Ha, that's funny...." awkward laugh reaction from a player during April Fools.
Last edited by Faiithe on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
kennyohmalta
Veteran

Post by kennyohmalta »

I feel like we're all just missing the point and overthinking this, maybe we don't have to do all bosses. I feel like this is a fantastic and perhaps insanely humorous idea. I compellingly support this.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

At this point i'd rather just put the warioware mod onto the FF2 server and see what happens.