Idea to keep toxicity at a low on MurderMod

82$ CardBoard

Idea to keep toxicity at a low on MurderMod

Post by 82$ CardBoard »

Whilst playing a game on the server there will be almost always a kid with mic is either destroyed or purchased at a dollar or dollar tree. But you are Canadian for example and don't want to bother the admins or are afraid that he will leave and you will be left to explain how there WAS a mic spammer and you are not just trolling. I would say that we should implement a vote mute working with the same system that you use for determining how many murderers there are example there are 10 players on the server and you need 6 votes for the player to be muted. Of course the player is not muted permanently for 20 mins or 10 something around that range. If the system is getting abused you can always vet players as in don't give it to the new players and after 6 hours of playing they get access to the command or rather admins give out the permission to do so to each individual player.

There is not always a admin available why not let the community have some control on what happens to their server.

-82$ Cardboard
HankHill
Veteran

Re: Idea to keep toxicity at a low on MurderMod

Post by HankHill »

Personally, that sounds much more complicated than just recording and creating a report on the forums, letting punishments continue until their inevitable permanent mute--even then, that's more complicated than just muting them in the main menu. I get the merit of this thought, don't get me wrong, but there are two simpler alternatives already in place without worrying about people abusing the system in any way (short of a false forum report, but anybody going through that effort is likely to follow the format and wouldn't straight up lie).

Again, those are my thoughts and certainly not absolutes.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

This is a completely terrible idea. Giving players the power to vote mute can be easily abused, new or regular. Giving admins the ability to give regulars the ability to mute people can also get abused. If there are no admins at the time during the report, report them in the forums to be dealt with accordingly.

When you don't want to bother admins by reporting, you would be part of the problem of the situation because it didn't get handled because you're "afraid" to waste their time when their main purpose is to make sure no one is rule breaking.
Last edited by Faiithe on Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bumpikids3

Post by bumpikids3 »

That's not really something I think would help at all for a few reasons. 1. As Hank said, it's complicated and you really can just create a report for the admins. 2. That system can be abused by a group of people to vote mute people in the server and then you'd need an admin to stop them, which creates more problems. 3. It's really just not needed.

That's my three reasons for not supporting that idea, at least currently.