Old Freak Fortress

Shadow45913

Re: Old Freak Fortress

Post by Shadow45913 »

Yeah i agree the old stuff was what made me and many others play over the time changes happened that made it less enjoyable so it would be nice to see it come back.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I don't really understand what there is to like about the old plugin vs the new one besides changes made to weapons. And if that is the case then why not just suggest those weapon changes be made to the new one?

The whole reason I changed to this new version is because it allowed me to make changes much easier. I used the old plugins weapon settings as a base and built off it based off feedback you guys gave me. I could have left everything the way it was and it would have been no skin off my nose, the community decided to make these changes. So if you want them reverted go suggest they be reverted.
ImageImage
Chandler15

Post by Chandler15 »

Fire wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:09 am I don't really understand what there is to like about the old plugin vs the new one besides changes made to weapons. And if that is the case then why not just suggest those weapon changes be made to the new one?

The whole reason I changed to this new version is because it allowed me to make changes much easier. I used the old plugins weapon settings as a base and built off it based off feedback you guys gave me. I could have left everything the way it was and it would have been no skin off my nose, the community decided to make these changes. So if you want them reverted go suggest they be reverted.
I understand that, however, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes. I don't want to offend ihop or BFK, I'd enjoy if they keep making their changes and let people see if they enjoy it, but I've heard that so many people would like to see the old plugin, whether for the community it had cultured, or nostalgia, or just wanting the variety.

I don't think the votes would pass to revert the old plugin, and that reason isn't even for whether they like it or not, but because I don't think people would care enough for it. I've taken the initiative to talk with the people I asked for support, I told them they can support or criticize it, I just wanted to know how everyone feels. The weapon changes are the main mechanics of the game mode, that's why I want a new server that has the old plugin. If you genuinely don't want to do it, even with the support shown, then it's fine, that's your call. I just wanted to show there is a community for it. You should even understand, considering Old School Runescape was a success from Runescape 3, there's potential for these things.

Me, and several other people would love to play with the old plugin, maybe we're the less vocal of the community, which is why things changed, but now we're speaking up. We would love it back, and I'm trying to let you see that. I'm sure it's frustrating, but what you're referring to, the feedback you received, that's not the community as a whole. The community isn't highly vocal, which is why I'm doing this, to pull in the less vocal and show you, we would've made a difference. Maybe it's too late, maybe it's not, but you said it'd be possible to put up a server with the old plugin, so could you at least try it for us? Please?
SkyBlue
Server Admin

Post by SkyBlue »

I also would like to support this idea, many old regulars had to adapt with the new current changes and some just preferred the old plug-ins overall. It would be nice to see it back :)
"You're a barnacle on the whale of humanity"- BlackJackKodiak

LewandaSillyFeathers: im suprised he didnt lick it tho
RodGzM
Server Admin

Post by RodGzM »

I'd like to see some things from the old plugin back in play. Although I prefer the newer one, I know people that still do prefer the older plugin and giving it back to them would be nice.
SpiritSolo

Post by SpiritSolo »

I support this idea, I would like to have that old experience again. Even if I like the new one, there are still some stuff from the old one that I miss a lot.
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

Ey, I also support this idea. bring back old Freak Fortress plugins, I miss them a lot and I would like to play on a server that had those again. playing on server 1 with the new stuff feels too different from what it was and makes it feel like I'm playing in an different community imo.
Last edited by Sheep on Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banners/Logos are for the weak...
GonzaGears

Post by GonzaGears »

I'm in favor of this idea. I'm not exactly a very vocal member of the community (and I recently returned after a long reprieve), but I go on FF2 pretty much everyday and I definitely preferred the way things were before; the old maps, the old weapon stats, and especially the old regulars. The likes of which may return if things were reverted back to how they were, as ItsMyName stated, riding off of the hype of a potential TF2 update.

I feel as if this could be an easy tweak, but I leave it up to the owner(s).
My Sanity

Post by My Sanity »

I too, enjoy pissing into the wind.
(especially when it involves trying to push any ideas in Disc-FF).

I think this is a swell idea, especially if some weapons reverted back to their old stats (Short Circuit not taking a fuck ton of ammo, Full DMG sniper rounds w/bushwacker. No more Taunt for full DMG, etc). Like, take it back to 2014/2015? Maybe get teleports to stack on each other again (unlikely? I think this was a Valve patch if I recall), ban certain weapons (like the heavy mittens, I want my heavy exploit back from 2014).

I'd probably play a bit more as its possible my frames would return with the old plug. ATM, none of my machines can't get past 20FPS on FF any more which makes it, well, horrible to play.

Edit: I can't spell.
Last edited by My Sanity on Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Testing Freak Fortress Old School Server (2018 Snapshot): 74.91.113.65:27015

https://discord.com/channels/2247060126 ... 0706363452

^Full details here.
ImageImage