Old Freak Fortress

Chandler15

Old Freak Fortress

Post by Chandler15 »

Now, I'm sure this is just pissing into the wind at this point, since I feel like regardless of the community response, Fire would disagree vehemently.

I'd like to request that a server be turned into the old FF, like, way back before BatFoxKid. It's nothing against BFK, but I completely preferred the old plugin, and it's not like I'm the only person. I'm sure there'd be dozens of people that would love to go back to that server. There has also been rumors of TF2 getting an update IF that were to happen, it might be good to have a Disc-FF server that people recognize when they return, right? Which could ultimately lead to other Disc-FF servers coming back, right?

If Fire and BFK are willing to put up a server with the old plugin, I'm sure there will be a honeymoon period where a bunch of people come back to play it, so there may be more players than the server can contain, which would be unfortunate, but I don't think Fire would be willing to put up two servers with the old plugin, let alone one. I can promise that this server would get frequent traffic as well, I dislike modern Disc-FF, and have been against it for a long time because I preferred the old plugin. It's not that I haven't played enough of the old plugin, or anything like that, I have made an informed decision and that's how it is.

I'm certain I can pull people into the server, several old players would love it, the ones that left the community due to the changes. This community is very sadly, and always has been, ruled by the regulars of server one. I'm certain I'm not alone with the fact that people miss the old FF, like, pre-sniper nerf, when he had full crits even with Bushwacka. I miss all the old configurations, stun SC, full crits sniper, no weird throwing kunai, old FF was a golden standard in my opinion, and if I have to rally support for this, I will, but I want my voice to be heard in this.

I miss the old maps as well, they were amazing pre-changes, I'm glad people support the community to make their own maps and what not. But from my point of view, the old maps were great how they were, I'm sure it'd be too hard to retrack all the old maps, but if that were possible as well, that'd be an amazing change as well. I'm proud to have been a part of this community for so long and having met all the people I did here, people I still hang out with daily, we all miss the times we had, we loved playing on the old version, and we miss it.

- ItsMyName
Fire
Owner

Re: Old Freak Fortress

Post by Fire »

ihop runs the FF2 #1 server now. They have been taking a lot of suggestions and making a lot of updates. If there is something you don't like that I added go here: https://discord.gg/6NjzXcmWZj

I'm sure they would consider it and put it up for a vote. The version of the mod I believe at this point is irrelevant. I know you will not understand but basically both old and new versions of the code you will see no difference in. What you really want is just to revert changes to weapons which I made in both versions.

I don't have time to work on FF2 #1 like I did in the past anymore, that's why I sold it. I do have older verisons of the server and maybe if there was a crap ton of people who wanted it I could open another server for you to play on. However, there would be 0 updates to it as I'm no longer willing to update the older code.
Last edited by Fire on Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Chandler15

Post by Chandler15 »

Fire wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:00 pm I do have older verisons of the server and maybe if there was a crap ton of people who wanted it I could open another server for you to play on. However, there would be 0 updates to it as I'm no longer willing to update the older code.
That's legitimately what I want, and what others want, I don't want the updates, if that makes sense? I just liked how it was, and a lot of people liked how it was. I'd really appreciate consideration and I'll gather support to show people care.
CookieCat

Post by CookieCat »

Personally I support the idea of bringing back the old server as well. It's not that I don't like the new server, in fact I support it as well, just that there are a lot of older regulars including myself who would like to see the older server return.
SirCheeseBlaster1

Post by SirCheeseBlaster1 »

i support the Idea as i did enjoyed the old disc freak fortress server when I hopped on once in a while. If anyone else supports this idea than yeah.
Monkey of the fog

Post by Monkey of the fog »

I also think it's a neat idea, having a second server with the old plugin would give new and old players a preference of which one they'll like to play on more.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

I'm completely in favor of this. The previous version was just simpler, easier to understand. I definitely feel like the new version has driven away multiple regulars from playing in the servers as much as they used to, because of the unfamiliarity and the multiple changes that came with it.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

It's been quite a while since I played on FF2, usually it's been empty when I hop on TF2 so I don't really know what's changed.
Perhaps there could be changes to the current plugin to make it feel like the old one?
Might help if someone could break down what some of the changes are tbh.
SirAnthonyIII

Post by SirAnthonyIII »

I too would like to see the old server make a return as I am very much more accustomed to it, even though I'm perfectly fine with the current one too. It's like everyone's saying, alot of us just want that preference to play the older version if we want. :)
Very Rare Spawning NPC
AngryBlackPenis

Post by AngryBlackPenis »

heck I miss using the old SC so yeaaah totally want to see this happen if it's possible :3