Trade/Idle Rule Board and Rule Revamp

MusicalEclipse

Trade/Idle Rule Board and Rule Revamp

Post by MusicalEclipse »

After weeks of people explaining to me that the server rules are often disputed by each admin (a stated rule might not be enforced by each admin, etc.), as well as certain people ignoring the server rules, I was thinking that the trade/idle servers could use a rule revamp, as well as a rule board in the spawn area wall.

I've seen the rule board method used in many trade/idle/etc. servers, and it's been an effective method so far in those servers. It will clear up any issues regarding rule disputes with admins or other players, as each team would have clear access to the rules at any given time. A rule board would consist of the server rules/guidelines, as well as server admin names and a DISC-FF forum logo or something along the lines of that.
Last edited by MusicalEclipse on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Procrastinator Cubed

Re: Trade/Idle Rule Board and Rule Revamp

Post by Procrastinator Cubed »

Yeah, since the server changed, the rules need to be updated for the Trade/Idle maps {e.g. not shooting from ramp or camping teleport, etc.}
I hope this goes through because otherwise, there is no consequence for people doing annoying things for the people on the server.
Last edited by Procrastinator Cubed on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Slashking996

Post by Slashking996 »

Completely agree with this, most people will see it but at the same time some will choose to ignore so that means we need to scarfice one of the spawn areas to do so at the same time as well.
Last edited by Slashking996 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I really wish i knew how to use technology...
Wicawicawac

Post by Wicawicawac »

Completely agree with a rule revamp. A lot of people deny that a rule exists because it isn't in !motd. There should be a sign with the rules in each spawn imo.
Last edited by Wicawicawac on Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

A Rule Board would not be too bad.

If this gets passed by fire, shall I submit the rules that should be written down?
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Wed May 01, 2013 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
SaxAlot

Post by SaxAlot »

SpicyCandy wrote:A Rule Board would not be too bad.

If this gets passed by fire, shall I submit the rules that should be written down?
Last edited by SaxAlot on Wed May 01, 2013 1:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

~SaxAlot~
Crazy

Post by Crazy »

SpicyCandy wrote:A Rule Board would not be too bad.

Lets let every idle server admin talk about which rules would be beneficial to the idle server and which ones to toss out.
Last edited by Crazy on Wed May 01, 2013 4:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
MusicalEclipse

Post by MusicalEclipse »

Any updates on the status of this?
Last edited by MusicalEclipse on Wed May 22, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:( UnhappyCamper ):

Post by :( UnhappyCamper ): »

Yes, I think a rule revamp would be nice. A lot of the issues that most admin deem a problem, weren't viewed as a problem when they were discussed here (spawn camping/ ramp shooting/ etc):

http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2879

Personally I dont mind getting spawncamped, shot from the ramp, or sentry killed stepping out of spawn. Getting owned from cheap shots is a challenge and makes me a better player, but if they are rules, consistency is ideal. You should be able to point at the !motd for offences. (And the rules that show up on the beginning number chart right after spawning after joining a game are even more vague. Confused the hell out of me 'cause I read those and it didn't mention anything about any of those.

But I have to hand it to you that most of the admins that I've seen on have handled offenders pretty well. I hear several warnings before action is taken, and inconsistencies or not, players are guests on a server and should obey an admin's warning. If someone invites you into their home and then asks you to take off your shoes, you don't quibble over the fact that there wasn't a sign saying so, or whether it's right or wrong. You be a good guest or you don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

And I like the idea of the rules being on a rule board in the spawns. Keeping a list of all the admins would probably be a pain in the ass though, since admin come and go.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Thu May 23, 2013 4:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
SaxAlot

Post by SaxAlot »

:( UnhappyCamper ): wrote:But I have to hand it to you that most of the admins that I've seen on have handled offenders pretty well. I hear several warnings before action is taken, and inconsistencies or not, players are guests on a server and should obey an admin's warning. If someone invites you into their home and then asks you to take off your shoes, you don't quibble over the fact that there wasn't a sign saying so, or whether it's right or wrong. You be a good guest or you don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Pretty much! :thumbup:

~SaxAlot~