VSH Could Use Clearly Stated Rules

MrBuppo

VSH Could Use Clearly Stated Rules

Post by MrBuppo »

I think it would be nice if the MOTD for the VSH server stated all of the server rules. If you don't want to do that, then there are plugins that state the rules when you log in. Here are a couple rules I can think of:
1. No capping
2. No hiding as a non-defensive class or hale. I'm talking about classes like spy, soldier, and scout. (Not sure if this is a rule, or just something that everyone hates)
3. No stalling the game (This is when hale refuses to kill the players, and vice versa)

I have just one more thing. I know that these kinda fit under the idea of "common sense," but people don't really use common sense anymore. Also these three things happen often enough for me to think that they should be stated as a violation.
Last edited by MrBuppo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hipster_Trip

Re: VSH Could Use Clearly Stated Rules

Post by Hipster_Trip »

I agree. I am tired of being called an admin abuser when I slay people who have friendlies and waste everyone's time.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Wait.. Capping isn't allowed? Wow...
Last edited by Dubstab on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
MrBuppo

Post by MrBuppo »

Well, when a giant Australian man in bootie shorts tries to cap the point, it's a bit hard to stop him when he has several thousand health and can one shot almost every class. If players were allowed to cap the point, then Hale would have to defend the point. He probably wouldn't leave the point to go find the other players because they would just sneak in behind him and win.

The only time I think you should be allowed to cap the point is if players are hiding, or if a scout is just running away without doing damage. (This fits under the hiding and stalling rules, though.)
Last edited by MrBuppo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

We do allow it because it is made in the map. Why wouldn't you may cap... And yes.. Sometimes you have a guy that does want to with win low health with capping. Alright, do it... If he has high health and 3 people left (when the point does get available) they (usually) go for the people.. We as FF2 don't care about capping... But if some guys say: "NOOOOOB" because they capped, we don't care.. Because that is an opinion about what you think about capping...
Last edited by Dubstab on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MrBuppo

Post by MrBuppo »

(On Saxton Hale the point becomes available at 2 people and hale. I'm not sure if you meant 3 people total, or 3 people on the Mercenary team.)
In the past week, I've seen at least twenty hales just stand on the point while absorbing all attacks. You just can't stop him from capping. Player capping is less of a problem since Hale can super jump, but it still seems unfair that standing on a point can grant you an easy win.
Last edited by MrBuppo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Well, Hale VS. 3 guys, I meant...
But I just can't understand why they cap, I mean.. They usually don't in here.. But I will check the VSH a bit more than! ;)
Last edited by Dubstab on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Weegeerocx

Post by Weegeerocx »

I think it should be established that everyone must do a minimal of one damage UNLESS the Hale SPECIFICALLY STATES that there can be Friendlies IN SPAWN.
Last edited by Weegeerocx on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

Weegeerocx wrote:I think it should be established that everyone must do a minimal of one damage UNLESS the Hale SPECIFICALLY STATES that there can be Friendlies IN SPAWN.
Sounds a bit easy to loophole that. I feel like if Hale doesn't specify that there are friendlies, then an admin has the right to slay last person if they aren't participating.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Weegeerocx

Post by Weegeerocx »

Hipster_Trip wrote:
Weegeerocx wrote:I think it should be established that everyone must do a minimal of one damage UNLESS the Hale SPECIFICALLY STATES that there can be Friendlies IN SPAWN.
Sounds a bit easy to loophole that. I feel like if Hale doesn't specify that there are friendlies, then an admin has the right to slay last person if they aren't participating.
I just really hate people that come into the server and do nothing but play as friendly.

*cough* ToxicTicTac *cough*
Last edited by Weegeerocx on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:26 am, edited 4 times in total.