auto afk kicker

Sankoose120

auto afk kicker

Post by Sankoose120 »

Most of the servers on tf2 we have are almost always full and there is always 1 or more people who are afk. I am not sure if this can be done or not but adding some sort of plugin to automatically kick afkers from the game. Obviously this will only be for servers other than idle. I feel this would be nice as waiting to join a server is always annoying and it would be much better to auto kick them if no admin is on at the time.
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IAreHAze

Re: auto afk kicker

Post by IAreHAze »

There is an AFK kicker on the VSH server, which is quite annoying, because when your dead, it takes you as being AFK so after a short time it kicks you
Last edited by IAreHAze on Sat May 25, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

IAreHAze wrote:There is an AFK kicker on the VSH server, which is quite annoying, because when your dead, it takes you as being AFK so after a short time it kicks you
hmm maybe it should just move you to spectate so when an admin joins they can kick them
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

I thought we talked about this a few months ago. But oh well, I think it is good to start this again, because this is important.

But I agree and I disagree with this.

Reason agree:
IAreHAze wrote:There is an AFK kicker on the VSH server, which is quite annoying, because when your dead, it takes you as being AFK so after a short time it kicks you
I think it is even more annoying if you have to kick everyone after a few minutes that still isn't gone out of the spawn. It takes a lot of time which you can spend on killing the hale. Also if you want to kick the AFK's you also get killed, because some guys run straight to the spawn, and if you are in a close range, they will find and kill you. I slowly get annoyed to kick the AFK's if you only want to kick them.

Reason disagree:
Kicking AFK's depends on how you kick the AFK's. If you kick them without calling on the mic, they come back and say like: "Hey! I was trading! :crazy: :problem:". You are not going to warn the guy that is AFK over the mic, if you don't have to watch it anymore. It also depends on how long you make this auto AFK kicker. Do you make it like 5 minutes (around 1 round) or 10 minutes (2 rounds) or even just 2 minutes (half round)? I think that 10 minutes is fair enough.
Last edited by Dubstab on Sun May 26, 2013 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

Well the plugin on JailBreak moves all people who have died without moving for around 1 minute of the round and as this just moves them to spectate you can maybe wait a round and then kick them if no action is taken from them to join in
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Sun May 26, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrBuppo

Post by MrBuppo »

I don't really think we should remove the AFK kicker, but I would like it if the time it took to be kicked was expanded. A lot of the time I'll be spectating one player to make sure he isn't going to break a rule, and I get kicked because of it.
Last edited by MrBuppo on Sun May 26, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

MrBuppo wrote:I don't really think we should remove the AFK kicker, but I would like it if the time it took to be kicked was expanded. A lot of the time I'll be spectating one player to make sure he isn't going to break a rule, and I get kicked because of it.
We even can not go in spectate. This means that we have to kick people straight away instead of going to spectate and kick them. Only admins (and cheaters who know how to join team spectate) can go in spectate.