Little suggestion for prophunt!

Abraham
Veteran

Little suggestion for prophunt!

Post by Abraham »

Ive been talking to few regulars & admins on the prophunt server and we have all noticed that people are always complaining that we play the same maps. That has become a problem on the server, people are starting to hate eachother just because someone likes to play the same maps all the time. What im going after here is that I personally think that this problem could be solved if not all, atleast some of it, by that we would increase the time that the map could be played again.
Example, I nominate kakariko and it gets voted trough. People are already angry that we play it that one time, but I still nominate it again right after its possible & it gets voted again. At this points some people are gettin really mad already but I still keep doing that everytime I can. At some point people start calling names at me & to the ones who defend me on my decision, at this point the shit storm is about to begin, when it does even the admins cant control it propely.
This whole thing can be solved by just adding 2-3 more hours between the map can be re-played. This would also force us to try new maps & to start liking them as well.
Last edited by Abraham on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
West

Re: Little suggestion for prophunt!

Post by West »

This is exactly why I like to play maps like ph_otherside and what not because they are almost never played. However, due to it never being played, no one seems to know what the map is or where anything is, making it unpopular. It's only the maps that tend to have more of a focus on running than hiding that people get mad at, although those are the maps that always get played because it is easy for people to kill and get points.
Last edited by West on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

We've added a system similar to Freak Fortress where a map cannot be nominated if it has been recently played.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightascythe

Post by Nightascythe »

I think that its a great idea Abra. Since playing the same maps over and over again makes people so hateful against eachother.

I personally would do the same if "Tundra" was one of the maps. But as it is i thinks its more fun to play the maps i dont know.
And if there is more time between the maps before they can be chosen again those maps we dont play might actually get voted on.

Even though i play like i do with my weeks on and off i dont like coming back to the warzone that is ph. espacially since i have friends on each side of the war. Its not fun anymore.

So more time is a super idea :D
Last edited by Nightascythe on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

But we already had that Spicy?
That you have to wait before you can nominate it again. We want that time to be longer.
Last edited by Jasmine on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Much love
Jasmine
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

West wrote:It's only the maps that tend to have more of a focus on running than hiding that people get mad at, although those are the maps that always get played because it is easy for people to kill and get points.
Now here is the main problem, we have played the same maps over and over again so that you cant really hide in any of those. We have made our favorite maps to be the ones we get "free" points in. We need to find a way to get the other maps in there. Atm it would make no difference if we would have only 8-10 maps in rotation because that amount is the maps we play every single day from 2 to 4times.. If it would be possible to extend the time you can re-play map we would have an solution, atleast part of it. Then maybe people would actually start liking the maps we dont usually play & we could get the fun back. We really rarely have fun these days, pretty much no one gives mercy because everyone is only after for points.
Nightascythe wrote:espacially since i have friends on each side of the war. Its not fun anymore.
Could not say it better nath. I hate that friends have become enemies to some of us :/
Last edited by Abraham on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
BenAltine

Post by BenAltine »

Plz remove Ferm food ;)
Last edited by BenAltine on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

BenAltine wrote:Plz remove Ferm food ;)
We do that and even more people are angry
Last edited by Abraham on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
BenAltine

Post by BenAltine »

Whenever we play it, atleast 1 person complains about it.
Last edited by BenAltine on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Based on that we should remove every map from the server, especially kakariko
Last edited by Abraham on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage