DeathRun complaints/suggestions

MartijnV
Veteran

DeathRun complaints/suggestions

Post by MartijnV »

Since i got last day's a couple of suggestions of new map versions, or weapon idea's or exploits i decided it to make a topic for it, so every player with a suggestion or complaint can post it here, as exaple you can post here;

1) New maps, feel free to post links to maps wich we don't have.
2) New map versions, post a link of the map wich has an update and wich map it is.
3) Exploits and bugs, call the mapname and trap/place where the exploit or bug is.
4) Weapon edit, If you found a bug in a weapon; as example a new rocket launcher wich still lauches you.
5) Other complaints/suggestions...

I made a ''Trello'' account and started a sorta list for idea's/problems for/from DR
Sadly you have to sign up before you can leave a report/idea there, you can do that, or you can reply at this topic.
Im trying to keep this up-to-date the best i can.
Last edited by MartijnV on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Salute !

===========================================================

i am a former Admin on our former DeathRun server.

My Steam Community profile, click the picture to go to it:

Also i have terms:
+Festive/-Festive means Referral confirmed/declined
White Sedan
Veteran

Re: DeathRun complaints/suggestions

Post by White Sedan »

Demo's on safety first need to be nerfed somehow or removed entirely. The fact that the stickies pretty much break the giant crate trap needs to be taken care of. I've seen almost the entire team wiped out because of crates flying everywhere.

Edit: By crate trap I mean the swinging ones.
Last edited by White Sedan on Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
MartijnV
Veteran

Post by MartijnV »

Im doubthing how i gonna fix those, maybe i can make the crates unbreakeble by explosions/sticky's themselves... im gonna ask arround if some ppl i know got the best solution, stay tuned......

Sorry for the late response, but im bussy with my work.
Last edited by MartijnV on Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salute !

Also i have terms:
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

I might be able to make the stickies not affect anything but the players.
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MartijnV
Veteran

Post by MartijnV »

If that is possible for you to make, that would be pretty awesome, If so; can you do the same to the solly's rockets, some traps in some maps can be activated due their explosion :l

Let me hear if you could fix it :)
Last edited by MartijnV on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salute !

Also i have terms:
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

White Sedan wrote:The fact that the stickies pretty much break the giant crate trap needs to be taken care of. I've seen almost the entire team wiped out because of crates flying everywhere..
I have sent fire a patch a while ago, but i haven't seen any confirmation about it working yet. Can you see for me if this issue was resolved since this past weekend?

The patch also helped on the other team using rockets and stickies to press traps through the wall.

Hope this helps
- Mitch
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Just tested it out a minute ago as demo. I still managed to kill about 4 people.
Last edited by White Sedan on Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
MartijnV
Veteran

Post by MartijnV »

For the persons wich can do something with this information;

!ghost is bugging, i can get without hard trying in 1th person while in 3rd person, by smashing the cam to the wall.
If you'r crushed between walls the cam is gonna wild, like shaking up and down, even after respawn multiple times.
The jumping feels unrealistic, you are getting up and down with little shocking wich pushes you slightly upwards, so you get way further.

It feels such fake compared to the old one (for so far i remember... pretty much tbh)

My question; can Mitch OR Fire put the old !ghost option back ? i know that ones was crashed as hell, but maybe it's sorta fixed due newer tf2 versions?
Last edited by MartijnV on Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salute !

Also i have terms:
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

White Sedan wrote:Just tested it out a minute ago as demo. I still managed to kill about 4 people.
Some further testing on my part will need to be done. I was on the server earlier this week seeing demo's put stickies on the trap.
MartijnV wrote:For the persons wich can do something with this information;

!ghost is bugging, i can get without hard trying in 1th person while in 3rd person, by smashing the cam to the wall.
If you'r crushed between walls the cam is gonna wild, like shaking up and down, even after respawn multiple times.
The jumping feels unrealistic, you are getting up and down with little shocking wich pushes you slightly upwards, so you get way further.

It feels such fake compared to the old one (for so far i remember... pretty much tbh)

My question; can Mitch OR Fire put the old !ghost option back ? i know that ones was crashed as hell, but maybe it's sorta fixed due newer tf2 versions?
I'm not sure what you mean by the ghost mode being fake, if i remember it's the same version that i fixed for fire a while back. I just think he had a few of the settings to play with. I don't think holding jump would make you fly last time i checked.
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

I have a new suggestion for the server, to keep it kind of interesting. But if the server could get Roll the Dice, probably modified version, on it. The ideal situation is to allow the people who connect through favorites (type of vip) to be able to !rtd each round would be cool. The abilities that it gives the players wouldn't be too ground-breaking or game-changing. Like there wouldnt be godmode or anything along those lines. Small attributes like speed boosts, small gravity changes (enough to keep a float for half a second more)
Perhaps listing a few attributes that you think of that would be fun and interesting:
I was also working on a mod like this that the admin can easily config attributes etc and change random chances or what not, never finished it though, might resurrect it though.

Positive Effects:
  • Health boost
  • Heal
  • Small Speed Boost for the entire round
  • Small Gravity Boost for the entire round
  • Medium Speed/Gravity boost for a short time
  • Ubered for 5-30 seconds (Mod 5 random)
  • Perma Damage Boost (1.2-2.0x Mod 0.2 random)
  • Temp Damage Boost (2.0-5.0 Mod 0.25 random) (30 sec to 2 minutes
  • Refill (Health and ammo)
Negative Effects:
  • Opposite of pretty much what is posted above.
  • Mad effects (Mad milk, bleeding, all bad effects.)
Also i've had the idea of mixed effects (i.e. one bad one good.)
either which way it will be modular so technically a roll can give up to 5 effects. (must be a unique effect)

(for fire: if you were to want this done i'd do it with no compensation, it'd be a plugin id probably release to the public)
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 am, edited 6 times in total.