Dodgeball Suggestions Thread v2.0

goinundercover
Veteran

Re: Dodgeball Suggestions Thread v2.0

Post by goinundercover »

I was playing dodgeball a little bit after midnight today and the rocket was fine until !ffa was enabled. Then I noticed the rocket's awkward speed, weird trajectory, and instant spawning during prep time. I thought it was only ffa, but apparently it isn't.
Last edited by goinundercover on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

goinundercover wrote:I was playing dodgeball a little bit after midnight today and the rocket was fine until !ffa was enabled. Then I noticed the rocket's awkward speed, weird trajectory, and instant spawning during prep time. I thought it was only ffa, but apparently it isn't.
That's a problem with how the plugins load from MySQL. The only way to fix it is to either wait for a server restart (5 am EST daily) or message Fire and tell him the issue and wait for him to restart.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

MoneyKidKing wrote:
goinundercover wrote:I was playing dodgeball a little bit after midnight today and the rocket was fine until !ffa was enabled. Then I noticed the rocket's awkward speed, weird trajectory, and instant spawning during prep time. I thought it was only ffa, but apparently it isn't.
That's a problem with how the plugins load from MySQL. The only way to fix it is to either wait for a server restart (5 am EST daily) or message Fire and tell him the issue and wait for him to restart.
hmmm
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tornado123

Post by Tornado123 »

I have a question, Is there a way to put in the !dbstats the rankings on the most kills, like in a map or over all?
Last edited by Tornado123 on Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tornado Image
Spoiler
Dongle: Tornado im going to cut you if you keep stealing my damn rockets
sevin

Post by sevin »

Hi all. Just registered to suggest b1 of a new TFDB map I made, tfdb_toolsheds. It's a little test map I've been working with for a few months. I decided to convert it for use in TFDB.

The ravine in the middle is experimental. I just wanted to separate the teams because maps that allow them to mix tends to end in airblast griefing and that's no fun. The ravine does not damage you currently, though that may change.

pics
download b1

Last edited by sevin on Sun May 15, 2016 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

Nameless wrote:Hello everyone, I really want to see 'Top deflections without dying' in !dbstats menu, why isn't there one yet? So that's what im suggesting, and i don't mean deflections in a single round, i mean in a whole life, I hope it gets accepted.
So anyone likes this idea...? xD
Last edited by Nameless on Tue May 24, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cloudboys

Post by Cloudboys »

Tornado123 wrote:I have a question, Is there a way to put in the !dbstats the rankings on the most kills, like in a map or over all?
I told Tornado about this idea, and I think it would be a very cool idea for the server.

Basically say someone gets 60 score in a map, then there would be a ranking system for who has gotton the most score in that map. Just like how !dbstats has top speed, and deflections. Maybe if the plugin would record the players score after every round or something. Just thought I should share my opinion on the idea.
Last edited by Cloudboys on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kookie

Post by kookie »

Landooney wrote:
Tornado123 wrote:I have a question, Is there a way to put in the !dbstats the rankings on the most kills, like in a map or over all?
I told Tornado about this idea, and I think it would be a very cool idea for the server.

Basically say someone gets 60 score in a map, then there would be a ranking system for who has gotton the most score in that map. Just like how !dbstats has top speed, and deflections. Maybe if the plugin would record the players score after every round or something. Just thought I should share my opinion on the idea.
DISC already records and scores players in a leaderboard per map. For example, http://www.disc-ff.com/home/index.php?s ... staticID=1 is the link to blucourt's stats. I think it should be easy to implement this information in-game.
Last edited by kookie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This post probably took three times as much time to make as you would expect.

Cloudboys

Post by Cloudboys »

kookie wrote:
Landooney wrote:

DISC already records and scores players in a leaderboard per map. For example, http://www.disc-ff.com/home/index.php?s ... staticID=1 is the link to blucourt's stats. I think it should be easy to implement this information in-game.
I don't see any statistics for the link you pasted, or can't find out where to go to find these such rankings.

EDIT: I found out what you were talking about and that it total overall kills, that's also a pretty cool idea, but I was talking about if you hold tab to see the scoreboard, whatever you score is there, is what me and Tornado were talking about.
Last edited by Cloudboys on Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kookie

Post by kookie »

Landooney wrote:
kookie wrote:
Landooney wrote:

I don't see any statistics for the link you pasted, or can't find out where to go to find these such rankings.

EDIT: I found out what you were talking about and that it total overall kills, that's also a pretty cool idea, but I was talking about if you hold tab to see the scoreboard, whatever you score is there, is what me and Tornado were talking about.
I'm not a coder, idk if that's possible, but I'm pretty skeptical about pressing tab to see your score, records, etc. That seems exclusive to valve. The best I've seen is displaying a written colored text on your screen. If it was possible to incorporate stats on tab scoreboard, why haven't we done it yet? Not to ruin your idea, just putting it out there :)
Last edited by kookie on Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This post probably took three times as much time to make as you would expect.