Map exploits/issues ff/vsh(only)

Lanliss

Re: Map exploits/issues ff/vsh(only)

Post by Lanliss »

VSH- Megaman 6 b5d

Not sure if it is a known issue, but rarely on the Sky Man stage people can get stock in the towers. When they move up with the fans they sometimes slide slightly into the ceiling of the tower on the way out, getting stuck. I have seen it happen twice to the Hale, effectively ending the round.
Tru

Post by Tru »

VSH - Paradise Island PB2

It's possible to be sent out of bounds on this map. In my case it happened from a demo using crit stickies. It doesn't seem possible to get back into the map, though you can apparently still be shot at while stuck out there.

Here is a screenshot of the issue: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1103848435
- Tru
dehface

Post by dehface »

Versus Saxton Hale - vsh_havasu_a3

A skybox exploit has been found, which can be performed by Hale, and possible a Atomizer, Winger and a Soda Popper Scout.
The methods of replicating this exploit can been seen in the following images:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
SynthDoctor

Post by SynthDoctor »

I was directed here for map suggestions for VSH, despite it being labeled a map "exploits/issues" thread. If this is in error, please tell me where I can find the general "suggestions" thread for VSH maps/maplist. Thank you.

Map - vsh_teul_rc3

Summary - This map is good for Freak Fortress, but it is a bad Saxton Hale map. There's no engineer spots and no sniper spots, just a couple of little places that would be useful if Hale could be mini-killed (sent somewhere else after X damage) or didn't have any of his Hale abilities (super jump, rage, massive HP, etc). In other words, on a non-VSH game mode. Now, yes, there are maps that are small and don't have fantastic spots for some classes, but this went above and beyond "not good" like those.

Further Information - This map, due to being on the map list, can be voted as the next map, but it can be a real pain in the ass to RTV off of if not enough people understand the function properly. Despite how simple that command and function is, there are a number of times where the map is generally disliked by everyone who voices their opinion, but people wont't RTV. In fact, playing this map today, there was a server vote initiated by an admin if we'd like the map changed, and it was an 11-3 vote in favor of changing it, yet since the admin in question didn't know how to force an RTV map vote, there weren't enough RTVs to change the map. If I wasn't trying to keep my hours up for my admin application, I'd have DC'ed until it changed, it was so bad.
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

SynthDoctor wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:31 am Further Information - This map, due to being on the map list, can be voted as the next map, but it can be a real pain in the ass to RTV off of if not enough people understand the function properly. Despite how simple that command and function is, there are a number of times where the map is generally disliked by everyone who voices their opinion, but people wont't RTV. In fact, playing this map today, there was a server vote initiated by an admin if we'd like the map changed, and it was an 11-3 vote in favor of changing it, yet since the admin in question didn't know how to force an RTV map vote, there weren't enough RTVs to change the map. If I wasn't trying to keep my hours up for my admin application, I'd have DC'ed until it changed, it was so bad.
There was a command like the one you mention, but we removed it because we believe it can be abused by the admins if they do not like a certain map, the admin in question made the right call to ask a vote. But if people wanted to change the map that badly they can still rtv. Trust me, if they can see the question of "Change map?" and press F1(yes), then they should be able to as easily go into chat and just type " rtv "
I feel as if people make this argument that just because a certain group of players make this assumption that, "if I don't like the map, then everyone else doesn't." This isn't what your post was about synthdoctor, but i feel that most of the players who spam the chat for a rtv are just a loud minority. I personally like the verticality of the map, do I think it is a good map, no, but the concept is fun and I can still enjoy playing on it.

TL;DR Misconception on the admin's part, people can easily go into chat and type " rtv ,
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.