We need major admin enforcement on the Surf Skill server

HakureiReimu_Husky

We need major admin enforcement on the Surf Skill server

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

Assistance is needed ASAP. Fire is sometimes on via console. West and Shiro are never on.
This is goodbye.
many_swords
Veteran

Re: We need major admin enforcement on the Surf Skill server

Post by many_swords »

Your best case is to make reports on rule breakers if no admins are online, asking in the complaints for an admin most likely wont get one in time.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

We can't just add admins willly nilly. People apply for admin and get in if they are trusted enough, adding more admins takes time.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Add the admins to you friendslist, that way you have a better chance of getting one on the server incase its needed. Also keep in mind the admins have their lives too, I dont think their life goal is to sit on a tf2 server waiting for something to happen.
ImageImageImage
HakureiReimu_Husky

There are literally too many people in a report. The 2 admins are never active, and hardly give a sh__ about the server..
This is goodbye.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

As Abraham said, the admins have lives too, and sometimes they're unable to get on the server. That doesn't mean they don't care about the server or what goes on.
A surefire way to make sure things get done when admins are unavailable is to just make reports.
We're just people like you; please bear that in mind. We're only capable of so much, and like I said, sometimes can't make it on to the server.

If there's too many people to report at one time, please just make a general report and submit a video demo of all offenders.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

sambawarkiddo wrote:As Abraham said, the admins have lives too, and sometimes they're unable to get on the server. That doesn't mean they don't care about the server or what goes on.
A surefire way to make sure things get done when admins are unavailable is to just make reports.
We're just people like you; please bear that in mind. We're only capable of so much, and like I said, sometimes can't make it on to the server.

If there's too many people to report at one time, please just make a general report and submit a video demo of all offenders.
^This, and don't forget that client-side mute exists for a reason.
Last edited by Dongle on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
HakureiReimu_Husky

Unfortunately, Clientside mute does not do the justice, we need more moderation on the server, I have applied, but since west and shiro are never on, I have no ref's, though when suspicious was an admin, he referred me, though now that he is not an admin, i don't think it counts. I think someone needs to converse with them in order to have them correct the issue at hand.
This is goodbye.
Benstartri
Veteran

Post by Benstartri »

HakureiReimu_Husky wrote:Unfortunately, Clientside mute does not do the justice, we need more moderation on the server, I have applied, but since west and shiro are never on, I have no ref's, though when suspicious was an admin, he referred me, though now that he is not an admin, i don't think it counts. I think someone needs to converse with them in order to have them correct the issue at hand.
The best thing you can do is make a report about rulebreakers and make sure you contact the admins to let them know. I agree that the server needs some more admins to help regulate it, but I know for a fact that the two right now care greatly for the server. There's only two of them and you can't expect them to be online 24/7.
Last edited by Benstartri on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Profile picture made by Faiithe.

Satan
Veteran

Post by Satan »

If you really want to become an admin, start making reports. Since you've made 0 reports on players and have only made a complaint about the sustainability of the server, I can't really see you caring that much. You have the right attitude, now put some effort into actually bringing them justice.

Secondly, I agree there should be atleast 4 admins on the server, its silly to put all the work on 2 admins. Just getting them to pick 1 or 2 people each to become a trial admin would increase the joyfulness and playability of the server by a great margin.
rip mg