Surfmaps

HakureiReimu_Husky

Re: Surfmaps

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

-[FF]- Destinyburger wrote:This isn't related directly to the addition of new maps, but I think it would be nice if it told you the tier of the map during the RTV sequence so people know whether or not the map they are going to pick is actually easy and not a tier 3-4 map that they got lied to and picked instead.
There's something like that in the works already.
Last edited by HakureiReimu_Husky on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is goodbye.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

HakureiReimu_Husky wrote:
-[FF]- Destinyburger wrote:This isn't related directly to the addition of new maps, but I think it would be nice if it told you the tier of the map during the RTV sequence so people know whether or not the map they are going to pick is actually easy and not a tier 3-4 map that they got lied to and picked instead.
There's something like that in the works already.
This should already be finished and added to the server.
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

More mapsuggestions.

Surf Minuet NJV (My guess is tier 1) Linear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZaNF5N0MK4
http://gamebanana.com/maps/178259

Surf Chaos (Tier 1-2?) Staged. A map you'll either love or hate, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SknRfjZIYKQ
Much love
Jasmine
-[FF]- Destinyburger

Post by -[FF]- Destinyburger »

I was thinking surf_notsobeginner would be nice, fairly easy (i can beat it, and I suck) I think it's tier two but it's just a harder version of surf_beginner
Bench

Post by Bench »

Can surf_the_distance be added, I really want to surf on that map since I can't play on the CSS surf I used to play on for it
Also can surf_fast_fix be correctly named in the nomination list. So have 'Fast_fix - Tier -" instead of 'fast fix'
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Surf_froots
20 stages, 3 bonuses
Tier 2? Resurfed info says Easy (2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LToim8jNzuA
Much love
Jasmine
Bench

Post by Bench »

Surf Overgrowth is not setup correctly for restarting. When you do the restart command, it takes you several units under the area of the first stage.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Bench wrote:Surf Overgrowth is not setup correctly for restarting. When you do the restart command, it takes you several units under the area of the first stage.
I've been looking into reworking how the !r command works and reworking some few other things that should come this weekend.
Xbmann

Post by Xbmann »

Hey yo if anyone was wondering why surf_overgrowth2 times are all 4 minutes shorter than any other server, there is an exploit with the disc timer that causes it to only count slightly more than your stage 5 time. Basically the map uses filtered triggers to know where to teleport you when failing. All you have to do is:

1. Start a run and get to stage 5. The map now thinks you're on stage 5.

2. Use /r to reset the timer. The map still thinks you're on stage 5.

3. Fail stage 1 as quickly as possible, the map will teleport you to stage 5 because it thinks that's where you failed.

4. Complete stage 5, getting a full map time that's nowhere close to whats possible.

This isn't a problem on servers that are built around tracking what stages are completed at what times but since the stage count is only visual on this timer it makes the exploit possible.
kookie gonna keep banning people until hes rank 1
Xbmann

Post by Xbmann »

hello gamers. With the permission of the author, I have ported surf_ivory to tf2. The map can be found here. It's a fun little tier 2. Included in the zip file is a .cfg to set the max velocity to the intended value for the map (Although the map is doable with 3500). Have fun!
kookie gonna keep banning people until hes rank 1