Gordon Freeman environment hazard playstyle: What to do?

Hylie

Gordon Freeman environment hazard playstyle: What to do?

Post by Hylie »

There are quite a few people who use Gordon Freeman and like to grab and throw players one by one into environment hazards. They rarely bother to get kills with the crowbar, they seldom if at all use their bombs. The result is rounds that can take up to ten, fifteen, twenty or more minutes.

Is this rule breaking via stalling? If not, should maybe the ability to player grab be removed from this boss?
Last edited by Hylie on Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Drewski
Veteran

Re: Gordon Freeman environment hazard playstyle: What to do?

Post by Drewski »

I've played many rounds with Gordon as the boss. I don't think his player pickup function should be removed, but why not nerf it to where he can only pick up a player for 4 seconds then followed by a cooldown?
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Drewski wrote:I've played many rounds with Gordon as the boss. I don't think his player pickup function should be removed, but why not nerf it to where he can only pick up a player for 4 seconds then followed by a cooldown?
I've heard and thought about this solution. It would work effectively to nerf the boss. But...

Sometimes two seconds is all it takes to pick someone up, aim them at a pit, and fire. While this is certain to make it harder for them to get kills straight away with grav grabs, this might actually make rounds longer, because they might try even harder to go for the same grav-gun-only-rounds.
Last edited by Hylie on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

I don't see any possible solution to this without removing the ability to shoot people away, and a nerf like that would be way too much. Gordon is fine the way he is imo. The gravity gun is just something we have to deal with, just like how evil clown has to constantly teleport and it takes forever.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

White Sedan wrote:I don't see any possible solution to this without removing the ability to shoot people away, and a nerf like that would be way too much. Gordon is fine the way he is imo. The gravity gun is just something we have to deal with, just like how evil clown has to constantly teleport and it takes forever.
That or how people who do no rage runs take forever to win since they would constantly super jump towards people then run away, and keep doing that until they are killed, or they win.
Last edited by Varple on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

I agree with Varple and Sedan. Gordon should stay the way he is because I don't see any real good solution to fix the problem and would cause a lot of complications not just towards Fire but it would make people really mad.
ImageImage
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

This is a leave him alone response, I asked Fire and got Gordon nerfed at least 2 times that I can remember, and maybe as many as 4 times. Hence the no goomba stomp by this boss and I am tired to be honest of him being nerfed. He is perfect the way he is and if people have issues with the pick up and throw to kill method then they should pay attention to what they vote for as in the boss and or map packs so the 2 never cross Gordon with a hazard map. any further nerfs would just screw things up.
Jamieboi 1989

Post by Jamieboi 1989 »

With Hylie on some players making rounds take forever with the player grab. Should be limited only to the mines or make it drain rage per sec whilst holding onto players only. Is it fair that he should be able to pick anyone he wants up at any given time without it even draining rage per sec for whilst holding a player? In my opinion not really.
Image Image
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

I think the whole point of Gordon is to use the grav gun and throw people into hazards. It makes it fun/funny IMO. If you nerfed him he wouldn't be fun anymore. I never play him though, but it's fun to watch.
Last edited by LewandaSillyFeathers on Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?