Request to Remove sunset saloon

AC/DC Freak
Veteran

Request to Remove sunset saloon

Post by AC/DC Freak »

Request to remove map: Koth_sunset_saloon-r2_2

This map is very poorly optimized causes ton of framerate lag, and I think this map is hated in general.
Hylie

Re: Request to Remove sunset saloon

Post by Hylie »

AC/DC Freak wrote:Request to remove map: Koth_sunset_saloon-r2_2

This map is very poorly optimized causes ton of framerate lag, and I think this map is hated in general.
I do not hear bad things about this map, and I do not receive any sort of lag on this map, however it is large and contains many entities, so it is probably that less powerful computers will run it less efficiently (but then of course, so would it too run other maps poorly like vsh_oh_multimaps, vsh_pruvia, etc)

I myself don't really like the map, and as it doesn't come up very often, it would be nice to thin the map list and remove it if other players with less powerful computers can handle running maps such as those listed above with high entity count / surface count but not Sunset Saloon (to verify optimization as the reason.)
Last edited by Hylie on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

I am actually fine with this map, although some rounds can be a bit on the longer side due to the size/complexity of the map.

Can't speak performance-wise anymore though since my computer is overkill for tf2.
Retired.
AC/DC Freak
Veteran

Post by AC/DC Freak »

Hylie wrote:
AC/DC Freak wrote:Request to remove map: Koth_sunset_saloon-r2_2

I do not hear bad things about this map, and I do not receive any sort of lag on this map, however it is large and contains many entities, so it is probably that less powerful computers will run it less efficiently (but then of course, so would it too run other maps poorly like vsh_oh_multimaps, vsh_pruvia, etc)

I myself don't really like the map, and as it doesn't come up very often, it would be nice to thin the map list and remove it if other players with less powerful computers can handle running maps such as those listed above with high entity count / surface count but not Sunset Saloon (to verify optimization as the reason.)

Alright well lets see what others think, i can run the other maps you mentioned fine, so I thought maybe it was just this map.