Request to remove the box trot taunt

HorridSauce3

Request to remove the box trot taunt

Post by HorridSauce3 »

I am requesting to remove box trot as it is only something used for spys to hide from hale and delay the round. Also because you can look like a box players tend to hide in corners and blend it with other objects which does make it harder to for a hale to spot the spy(s) while using the taunt. Players tend to argue that if they are not allowed to use it why is it enabled in the server.
Last edited by HorridSauce3 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armen
Veteran

Re: Request to remove the box trot taunt

Post by Armen »

HorridSauce3 wrote:Players tend to argue that if they are not allowed to use it why is it enabled in the server.
I'm lost. When was it ever discussed that it wasn't allowed?
Last edited by Armen on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HorridSauce3

Post by HorridSauce3 »

Sorry I guess I didn't put it in the right way. What I mean to say is that because the taunt is used to camp and makes the player rather useless it's just discouraged rather then not allowed.
Last edited by HorridSauce3 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

HorridSauce3 wrote:What I mean to say is that because the taunt is used to camp and makes the player rather useless
Now what happens in vsh/ff2 doesnt really effect me, nor is it my problem, but this sounds like all of the taunts to me, while the boxtrot disguises you and can give an advantage if trying to hide, every single taunt makes a player useless, thats pretty much the point of them, and to be fully honest if the hale doesnt notice anything different in the box used in that taunt compared to all the other cardboad boxes, id say he needs to pay a bit more attention to how the game looks, there is not a single cardboard box in the game that would look anything like the boxtrot taunt.

But in the end, this is all just a plot prophunt people made up, ph is taking over all the other mods and there is no stopping us
Last edited by Abraham on Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Illuse
Veteran

Post by Illuse »

HorridSauce3 wrote:I am requesting to remove box trot as it is only something used for spys to hide from hale and delay the round. Also because you can look like a box players tend to hide in corners and blend it with other objects which does make it harder to for a hale to spot the spy(s) while using the taunt. Players tend to argue that if they are not allowed to use it why is it enabled in the server.
I watch over the FF2 servers as an admin and I must say I don't think the box trot is fooling anyone, rather they ignore it, due to knowing they have harder people to find, or they just kill the spy straight up. When ever I typically see a box trot sometimes they are useless, other times they are waiting for something like force taunt or snail to wear off. As Abraham stated, if they missed the spies then they are not paying close enough attention to what is way to obvious to be an actual box. You don't even need to focus due to eventually there being a glow around the player if they do make it to be the last one alive. As well as the fact that there is a large RED label on the side of the box with one side open and two holes in it. It is also very pale and not dark enough to fit in with the rest of the containers.
Last edited by Illuse on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Here's a ref while you suck his furry cock" Idjit
Charizard

Post by Charizard »

Illuse wrote:
HorridSauce3 wrote:I am requesting to remove box trot as it is only something used for spys to hide from hale and delay the round. Also because you can look like a box players tend to hide in corners and blend it with other objects which does make it harder to for a hale to spot the spy(s) while using the taunt. Players tend to argue that if they are not allowed to use it why is it enabled in the server.
I watch over the FF2 servers as an admin and I must say I don't think the box trot is fooling anyone, rather they ignore it, due to knowing they have harder people to find, or they just kill the spy straight up. When ever I typically see a box trot sometimes they are useless, other times they are waiting for something like force taunt or snail to wear off. As Abraham stated, if they missed the spies then they are not paying close enough attention to what is way to obvious to be an actual box. You don't even need to focus due to eventually there being a glow around the player if they do make it to be the last one alive. As well as the fact that there is a large RED label on the side of the box with one side open and two holes in it. It is also very pale and not dark enough to fit in with the rest of the containers.
Pretty much this.
Last edited by Charizard on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sky Dragon

Post by Sky Dragon »

There are already rules against being friendly and useless, why do we than need to create arbitrary restrictions? I'd actually suggest bringing back all the taunts that were blocked for server access, why make the server less fun because of a very small percentage of people?
Last edited by Sky Dragon on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

This taunt I find incredibly useful for fighting off the Forced Taunt and Snail rtd, alongside Victory Lap, Zoomin' Broom etc. No taunt should ever be removed. Players can be useless with or without taunts, the Box Trot doesn't stand out as far as I've known any more than other taunts.

If a boss is actually fooled by a Spy hiding with Box Trot to the point it draws out a round, it's probably the Hale that needs a /slay. (But the Spy too, for being useless.)
Last edited by Hylie on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

if i find a useless player i will warn/kick/ban as i see fit. if someone is using the box taunt to be useless i will punish them as I see fit. If you see someone being useless in the VSH/Freak Fortress server (Box trot or not) please use the report system by typing !report. Thats why we have the report system. I love the box taunt and I sometimes use it to get crits when I go spy (other players so this too). I don't think we should punish everyone for the actions of a few.
Last edited by LewandaSillyFeathers on Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

LewandaSillyFeathers wrote:if i find a useless player i will warn/kick/ban as i see fit. if someone is using the box taunt to be useless i will punish them as I see fit. If you see someone being useless in the VSH/Freak Fortress server (Box trot or not) please use the report system by typing !report. Thats why we have the report system. I love the box taunt and I sometimes use it to get crits when I go spy (other players so this too). I don't think we should punish everyone for the actions of a few.
This
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.