Suggestion: Fix for Nomination Problem

Hylie

Suggestion: Fix for Nomination Problem

Post by Hylie »

An idea that would fix something concerning the Nomination System.

1) Keep your nomination even if you disconnect, or simply have you renominate when you reconnect w/o cool down.
This is for those people who crash, have to console retry the server to fix a glitch, or maybe staff who have to hop over somewhere to take care of a problem, or someone who gets kicked by an admin for their reserve slot to come in and fix something. Yet the nomination cool down stays? Someone should not lose their nomination to something that is not under their control.

[Deleted second idea regarding lowering cool down for players that have their nomination fail because focusing on first as it is more pertinent.]
Last edited by Hylie on Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
Taliu

Re: Nomination System Suggestions

Post by Taliu »

I really like the second one, and with the first point, either remove the cooldown if you disconnect or leave the nomination.

Also, maybe randomization of the nominated maps on the list? Too often I find whoever nominated first (Like has a much easier to nominate map or is dead and so can go through exactly when the cooldown ends) win not because people liked the map more, but because 60% of the sever (I have to admit I am sometimes on of these) just vote for the first option to get the vote out of their face.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Taliu wrote:I really like the second one, and with the first point, either remove the cooldown if you disconnect or leave the nomination.

Also, maybe randomization of the nominated maps on the list? Too often I find whoever nominated first (Like has a much easier to nominate map or is dead and so can go through exactly when the cooldown ends) win not because people liked the map more, but because 60% of the sever (I have to admit I am sometimes on of these) just vote for the first option to get the vote out of their face.
Used to have the randomization, got rid of it since we added the first few minutes as a cooldown, so that almost if not everybody is connected by the time nominations are available.
Last edited by Hylie on Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Nope it's fine just the way it is to keep people from trying to control the maps we get to vote for. There have been to many instances in the past where one troll takes advantage of a fast connection speed, or really good timing to control the map vote leave it alone please.
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

It's completely fine the way it is. Changing it again will only lead to other potential problems and suggestions like this.
Some things just need to be left alone.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Darkone2e wrote:Nope it's fine just the way it is to keep people from trying to control the maps we get to vote for. There have been to many instances in the past where one troll takes advantage of a fast connection speed, or really good timing to control the map vote leave it alone please.
Armen wrote:It's completely fine the way it is. Changing it again will only lead to other potential problems and suggestions like this.
This has nothing to do with the OP? The first idea is about fixing a problem that occurs frequently concerning the nomination system. The second idea was to reduce cool down for people who lose the map vote, letting them nominate sooner than the previous winner, further discouraging the main problem that plagued the old system that Dark was referring to (Map Control), which I have removed as I would like to bring more attention to the problem regarding the nomination system that has nothing to do with controlling map flow.

Please at least read and consider the first point in the terms of trying to alleviate player frustration, I know change has caused this mechanic problems in the past, but that should NOT mean we can't talk about it anymore, especially if there's a problem that could be fixed that has nothing to do with the past problems.
Last edited by Hylie on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Varple
Veteran

Re: Suggestion: Fix for Nomination Problem

Post by Varple »

We in the past have suggested your "fix". Fire has said that there is too many variables in order to impliment that in regards to the nomination system. So yeah. As far as people crashing or disconnecting and reconnecting thus losing their nomination; honestly isn't that bad. Play some maps that you rarely play, or just rtv if it is that bad of a map. 30 minutes isn't too long to wait for a nomination.

I say leave as if and focus on bigger issues instead of a small little nuisance.
Last edited by Varple on Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

Hylie wrote:
Darkone2e wrote:Nope it's fine just the way it is to keep people from trying to control the maps we get to vote for. There have been to many instances in the past where one troll takes advantage of a fast connection speed, or really good timing to control the map vote leave it alone please.
Armen wrote:It's completely fine the way it is. Changing it again will only lead to other potential problems and suggestions like this.
This has nothing to do with the OP? The first idea is about fixing a problem that occurs frequently concerning the nomination system. The second idea was to reduce cool down for people who lose the map vote, letting them nominate sooner than the previous winner, further discouraging the main problem that plagued the old system that Dark was referring to (Map Control), which I have removed as I would like to bring more attention to the problem regarding the nomination system that has nothing to do with controlling map flow.

Please at least read and consider the first point in the terms of trying to alleviate player frustration, I know change has caused this mechanic problems in the past, but that should NOT mean we can't talk about it anymore, especially if there's a problem that could be fixed that has nothing to do with the past problems.
I have read the post thoroughly and I'm sure Dark did too. I can't say for sure about Dark but I was talking about your second idea which you have now removed from the thread.
Please don't tell me that what I said had nothing to do with OP lmao. I know it did.
Last edited by Armen on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: Suggestion: Fix for Nomination Problem

Post by Dongle »

Varple wrote:We in the past have suggested your "fix". Fire has said that there is too many variables in order to impliment that in regards to the nomination system. So yeah. As far as people crashing or disconnecting and reconnecting thus losing their nomination; honestly isn't that bad. Play some maps that you rarely play, or just rtv if it is that bad of a map. 30 minutes isn't too long to wait for a nomination.

I say leave as if and focus on bigger issues instead of a small little nuisance.
^
ImageImage