Prop Hunt Maps

Abraham
Veteran

Re: Prop Hunt Maps

Post by Abraham »

PembrokeWelshCorgi wrote:A friend of mine who previously played prop hunt on another server suggested we add Pipeline to the server. I don't remember it, nor do I know if we've ever had it on our server.

Has it previously been on our server, and if so, why was it removed? If not, could we look into adding it?

Also, why is it that the shotgun is still nerfed to two rounds while skinned shotguns aren't? If individual skinned shotguns can't be fixed, can we at least change the default shotgun to 6 rounds and reduce the damage? I hear complaints from people that don't like to use the flare gun, and a lot of players like to run away, making it hard for shotgun users to do any damage at all (especially when they change to smaller prop).
Id rather have the skinned shotguns removed than have 6shots in shotguns. The damage is already heavily nerfed and its still broken in certain situations.

Ive never heard of a map called pipeline, atleast that I could remember. Can you find the map file/config for it?
Last edited by Abraham on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I'll try to track down the map when I have some free time.

I'll leave the shotgun issue alone for now but I'll bring it up next time we have a discussion. I've really only had complaints about it from people who migrated from other prop hunt servers, and it's mostly because they don't like using the flare gun. I might take a look at other servers to see how the shotgun is handled there.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

I cant help but wonder if the map is exclusive to some server group, ive never seen or heard of it on any of the "bigger" prophunt servers.
ImageImageImage
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

it might be from SourceOP, because the friend who recommended migrated from that server. If that's the case, it might not be public.
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

Marshii

Post by Marshii »

Buckethunt? ;)

Since the server is populated by lots of new people now-a-days.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Marshii wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:30 pm Buckethunt? ;)

Since the server is populated by lots of new people now-a-days.
I told you this in a private chat and ill say it here again, I dont think its a good idea adding the map to the public nominations list, how ever with the admins being able to change the maps through commands now days i'd say it's not a bad idea to add the map on the server for special event & giveaway purposes, but definitely not on the public map pool.
ImageImageImage
Marshii

Post by Marshii »

Abraham wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:57 pm I told you this in a private chat and ill say it here again
Just putting it in public forum in case others have their own or differing opinions.
It is quite a fun map after all, in its own unique way.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Marshii wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:26 pm
Abraham wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:57 pm I told you this in a private chat and ill say it here again
Just putting it in public forum in case others have their own or differing opinions.
It is quite a fun map after all, in its own unique way.
Of course and if they feel that they wish to have it on the server full time they're free to post their opinions, but i'd like to point out that you've said it your self, the map was made for event purposes, I can see this map make giveaways more fun and enjoyable than hosting a giveaway on the maps we usually play on, but I personally fear the possibility of the map losing the fun side of it extremely fast as, if it were to be added on the nominations list.
ImageImageImage
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

@Abraham

I played your map, Idek, and I really like both the top and bottom portions of the map, but I think it's too much to look through in one map. Someone said you were considering removing and/or making the bottom portion into its own map. I think that would be a good idea. Thanks for making it, I really like it.