Prop Hunt Maps

Bench

Prop Hunt Maps

Post by Bench »

There was no thread so I made one
I'm not a mapmaker so I don't know the specific map names to add or where to find them
This thread is for opinions/recommendations, not direct changes

+map = Suggest to add map
~map = Consider/discuss the map
!map = Should be fixed (Explain the fix)
-map = Suggest to remove map (Should probably have a reason)

Edit: Nobody is actually gonna see this front page or give a shit about this front page anymore. This thread is now only for discussions about the gamemode and other controversies.

I try to disband my ways from this thread as much as I could by getting it locked and hoping someone else would feel the need make a thread with a format like the Surf Maps Thread, someone that would hopefully be in the same situation I was in that felt that the server needed some map variety or just to talk about some maps. Clearly other people still find this useful for "talking about maps" when nobody has done that, so bye. I am never visiting this thread again.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Bench

Re: Prop Hunt Maps

Post by Bench »

+Offblast
+ph_well_b4
+ph_petitcourtyard_v1b
+ph_lakeside_b3
+ph_blockfort_a2
+ph_redquarters_a6

~arena_storm
~ph_raincliff
~ph_target
~ph_haunt_b6

~ph_warehouse_b1
~ph_ruins_a1b

!ph_basalt_a2 You can get out of the map as a prop
!spooky_ravine_a1 Too much fog
!ph_otherside_a1 Rain should be removed

-ph_twilight_a4b Underplayed and boring
-ph_headquarters_b3 +redquarters
-ph_ruins_a1b Trashier maze reskin
Last edited by Bench on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

From the maps suggested to add we have had everything but redquarters and that is pretty much an exact copy of headquarters which our regulars have a hate/love relation ship to so I dont see a point in switching them up, I just dont think it would change peoples opinions in anything but a bad way, now personally ive neverplayed offblast but I know its one of the smallest, if not the smallest map in ph history, which I believe was the reason the map was removed.

From the maps considered to be added, we have already had target and haunt, and they have been removed due to them killing the server and our regulars highly disliking them. Ive presonally never heard of ph_raincliff, or atleast I cant remember it by name, but if you got screenshots / a download link to the map id be happy to check it out. Also from the maps put out for discussion me and the other admins had a discussion about a bunch of maps and came to the decision it was best to remove ruins, but leave warehouse.

From the maps suggested to fix, I personally disagree with modifying any of them.

On basalt, yes it is true that you can get out of the map but its a map that is really rarely played and that not too many players know how to get out and even if they do theyre not able to do it, as well as if theyre caught doing so they will be banned from our server for map exploiting.

As much as I hate spookyravine personally, there is a huge part of our regulars that love and cherish the map as it is, if there is anything I would change in it, it would be removing some of the explosive pumpkins since there is an excessive amount of them in it.

Why remove the rain on otherside, we have other maps with rain in them and while there are players that claim to have framedrops due to the rain and some who just dislike playing on maps with rain in them, but if im not complitely misunderstood there is a way to disable weather effects from settings and its easier to do that than to remove the rain and have someone do that, compile the map and have Fire replace it on the server.

We have also agreed to remove twilight from the rotation, just incase you're interested in what changes we agreed to with the other admins, here is the list of the maps being removed :

Maps to be removed :
Mineriver
Twilight
Ruins
Cyberpunk
Nervecenter
Nightclub

Unsure if we changed our opinion on removing Snowworks or not

Also removed venice until Samba has the final fix done on the map, its been on the server with a temporary fix made by Fire for god knows how long. As well as we decided to update desolation from the current harsh version to the updated one with more spots and props in it.

Update :
Found ph_raincliff from gamebanana and if that is the current form of the map, I wouldnt want to see it on the server for the following reasons.

It has a lot of water > hard to hunt in. The props would just lurk in the water and make it nearly impossible for pyros to get them
Doesnt seem to have too many spots, juding by the screenshots. A lot of narrow and open paths but no cover what so ever. Cant judge the ground area since there is only one good screenshot of that but seems open and flat to me.

Link to the map : http://gamebanana.com/maps/162008
Last edited by Abraham on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I don't know a lot about the maps we don't already have in the rotation. From what I've heard, a lot of those have been on the server in the past and removed for good reasons.

But I can agree with removing twilight, but it's already been removed.

As for 'discussing' ruins, it's a terrible map and even the creator agrees. It's not getting added back.

Warehouse was left on the rotation for now, but we may consider removing it in the future. I don't recognize any of the other maps in the discuss section
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
CorgiBear
Server Admin

Post by CorgiBear »

I feel like I could not have said it better myself, Abraham. I guess I can see your point by trying to change it up a little in prophunt since we are in desperate need for new maps, but I don't think we are THAT desperate to add maps we removed a while ago for one reason or another. Anyway, that's just my opinion on that idea. I guess what could be a different option is to find maps from different servers and somehow convert it into a prophunt map just like Goodwater. I'm glad you are bringing this to attention, though we are actually discussing ideas at the moment.
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

Bench, I like the fact that this thread was made. but as Abra said
Abraham wrote:From the maps suggested to add we have had everything but redquarters
This is also why I started learning how to use Hammer World Editor as we do need maps but are not desprate for them.
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power

sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Ain't a damn thing wrong with Cyberpunk.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

sambawarkiddo wrote:Ain't a damn thing wrong with Cyberpunk.
Its the thing that no matter how well you edit it, if it stays that big and obnoxious it wont stop killing the server, sorry but its the truth.
Last edited by Abraham on Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

sambawarkiddo wrote:Ain't a damn thing wrong with Cyberpunk.
False. Cyberpunk is no bueno.
Last edited by Armen on Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yang Xaio Long
Veteran

Post by Yang Xaio Long »

I'd like to suggest adding my just finished map
ph_control_a1 as i can only test it on "Arena" with no bot nav files i have no idea if it will work on prophunt properly should do though

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q41n68b4yrasc ... 1.rar?dl=0
Its a map designed for 6v6-8v8 its a small-ish map
EDIT: Currently working on a updated version of the map
Last edited by Yang Xaio Long on Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Edit 23/11/21: What d'ya want? If you're here from 2021 and beyond and you want to find me, you can find me at → speedrun.com/user/Mr.Blonde ←

One Vision, One Purpose! The Technology of Peace. Peace Through Power