Remove vsh_luigis_mansion_smaller ?

Buddha

Remove vsh_luigis_mansion_smaller ?

Post by Buddha »

On server 2 the map "vsh_luigis_mansion_smaller" was voted to be next in rotation. And boy, was it bad (in my opinion).
When i was little I played Luigi's mansion on the Gamecube. I spent hours figuring out what to do next in the story. It was fun. This map instantly had me overcome with nostalgia. It however... was not what I had hoped the map to be. This map is huge. Too huge imo. And it's name states it is the smaller version. It is extremely dark. I know it is possible for admins and higher ups to adjust the brightness, but i have a feeling some, if not all admins, will dislike this map. And when i said the map was not what i expected, i mean that i had assumed that the mansion was a simple building that you can walk in to and that would be the whole map. Nope. upon touching the entrance to it, you are teleported to another room... which has two other teleporters. These two lead to other places that teleport you other places as well. Overall, i feel this map is interesting and a cool idea. However, in reality it is really messy. Not only that, the few places I think anyone would fight would be on the top platforms that if settled there, can knockback hale too much. It think it is possible to knock him off of the top of the mansion. This is a problem because there is now way he can super jump back up. And by knockback, i mean that this map is only truly fit for engineers. Maybe scouts because of how large it is, which gives them a lot of room to run. I really think this map is flawed and would like to see it removed, but i'd like to see what others say as well.
Last edited by Buddha on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Armen
Veteran

Re: Remove vsh_luigis_mansion_smaller ?

Post by Armen »

I do agree that it is a bit too big but I don't think it's that bad of a map.
Plus, it's not really that dark? Not sure what part of the map you're referring to. It looks good to me.
Buddha

Post by Buddha »

It could just be my eyes. But i still really feel this map is messy. It just does not seem to fit in to the Freak fortress servers to me. And it seemed not only me disliked it. When others were playing they seemed to have been confused and had a hard time fining each other. Note this was server 2 so there were about 16 players on red causing us to play more of a hiding game.
Last edited by Buddha on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

I agree, this map should be removed.
The rounds are lasting 10min at least due to the size, it's a horrible layout and it's just overall a bad map,
Much love
Jasmine
Jamieboi 1989

Post by Jamieboi 1989 »

I feel this is more of a prop hunt style map than a VSH style map. Too much hiding and not enough fighting due to various teleporting spots. Like Jasmine said the rounds take far too long as its more of a hide and seek map.
Image Image
Polar Bear Facts
Veteran

Post by Polar Bear Facts »

I understand the frustration that this map has been promoting. Some players that have had a normal history of fighting the Hale usually elect to wait for the Hale to stumble upon their locations due to the nature of the map starting smaller, separated fights with the Hale as opposed to the standard all-out fight from the start VSH normally has on its regular maps. A trait shared by the gridfloors map, another map that people either hate or mildly enjoy (with no in-between) because of how it turns a round of fighting Hale into a drawn out set of skirmishes.

It's a cool layout but as previously stated, VSH and FF (by extension) seem like the wrong servers for this map to exist. Fights are extremely segmented in occurrences, it can be confusing for newer/younger players to navigate (which leads to people camping in areas to avoid an unfortunate encounter), and rounds are often unnecessarily delayed as a result.
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

I love this map conceptually, but I will agree that it is way too big and somewhat convoluted for something like FF or VSH. I'm in the middle, personally, but I wouldn't mind if it got removed.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I've suggested to the maker of the map to extend or shrink the map a bit.
Expand mansion size to cover more of the yard to be exact
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Bump, can we please have this map removed?
Much love
Jasmine
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

This map is ridiculously big even with the updated "smaller" version, and it takes WAY too long to finish just one round. I would like to see this map removed.
Last edited by Dongle on Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage