Suggestion for VSH

fishermatt3552
Veteran

Suggestion for VSH

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Not entirely sure if this is really a complaint, or a suggestion. At the start of the round on VSH, "Player is Saxton Hale with XXXX health" appears on the screen. While this is a more or less useful thing, it takes up a decent amount of the screen for, in my opinion, too much time. It can prevent you from seeing parts of the screen, such as Hale, which isn't a very good thing. Personally, i'm somewhat use to it, but i'm sure a lot of players aren't a huge fan of it. I don't know if you can change the time the message is on the screen, or the size of it, so this is just a mild suggestion/complaint. I've talked to a few players about it, even an admin of VSH (Rigby), and they all more or less said it might be something worth noting.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Re: Suggestion for VSH

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Yeah, maybe a minimalist HUD for this kinda thing (Admin of Freak Fortress, same thing happens there too)
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Dr. Axel Link wrote:Yeah, maybe a minimalist HUD for this kinda thing (Admin of Freak Fortress, same thing happens there too)
Yeah, a minimalist design would be useful. An idea i've had for a while would be is something like the "top 3 damage" on FF2 servers. But instead of top 3 damage, it would be

1. Current Hale: Player
2. Health XXXX out of XXXX
3: Hale Next: Player

(Obviously, this only takes up a small part of the upper left corner, and the "player" name has a certain amount of space)

With the health bar on top of the screen

In a perfect world, we don't need anything, except the health bar
Last edited by fishermatt3552 on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Yeah, maybe having an option to have a min HUD would help a lot of players. I'm pretty sure it's server-side that happens on, so a custom HUD from Gamebanana or something probably wouldn't work.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

fishermatt3552 wrote:
Dr. Axel Link wrote:Yeah, maybe a minimalist HUD for this kinda thing (Admin of Freak Fortress, same thing happens there too)
Yeah, a minimalist design would be useful. An idea i've had for a while would be is something like the "top 3 damage" on FF2 servers. But instead of top 3 damage, it would be

(Obviously, this only takes up a small part of the upper left corner, and the "player" name has a certain amount of space)

The problem with that specific suggestion is that the top left is already used by the top 3 damage (haledmg 3 in console).

I however personally like the suggestion, and if possible would like a toggleable setting for it (with it being located somewhere that's not the top left of course).
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

MoneyKidKing wrote:
fishermatt3552 wrote:

The problem with that specific suggestion is that the top left is already used by the top 3 damage (haledmg 3 in console).

I however personally like the suggestion, and if possible would like a toggleable setting for it (with it being located somewhere that's not the top left of course).
Yes. i dont know if it would be possible, but maybe configurations would be possible? Like, config 1 is what it is now, 2 is a minimalist design, 3 is nothing, etc