Suggestion for the dance taunts in VSH

fishermatt3552
Veteran

Suggestion for the dance taunts in VSH

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Recently, dance taunts were allowed to work again on the VSH (haven't checked the other ones) servers. We all know that the dance taunts are fun, but if the whole server is constantly doing it, it isn't as fun, and can lead to them getting disable again, which i doubt anyone wants. So, i have a suggestion for the taunts. When someone uses the taunt, they can only do it for, i don't know, up to 10 seconds? After they use that ten seconds, there could be a 30 seconds cooldown on the taunt's before they can use it again. Thoughts?
Person_Unknown
Veteran

Re: Suggestion for the dance taunts in VSH

Post by Person_Unknown »

This is the ways that taunts were set up beforehand on the other servers, minus the 30 second cooldown. In a round of VSH, 30 seconds is a LONG time. The main appeal of having the dance taunts loop infinitely is to store crits right until you need them. If you use the taunt and after the 10 secs hale doesn't show up, then you've wasted the use of the taunt. I realize the same effect can be used with stationary taunts, but the dance taunts give you mobility as well as the guaranteed crits. As far as people being useless with the taunt, 9 out of ten times, the dancing taunts have frequent voice lines played, so hiding isn't a problem. If you do see someone being useless with the dance taunts, feel free to contact an admin.
IN LOVING MEMORY - We miss you Person

Need me? Link to my profile's right here.
Sky Dragon

Post by Sky Dragon »

Other servers that allow these taunts do not have the problem of an entire server being useless. These taunts were disabled when they were fairly new and at their height, so of course everyone was using them at the time, but this is no longer the case. And we still can't use them, why?
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

Sky Dragon wrote:And we still can't use them, why?
If you are referring to freak fortress, taunts are still disabled from my understanding, removing the taunt blocker was something recent for VSH. Most other servers have disabled the taunt blocker as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Last edited by Rigby! on Mon May 08, 2017 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
Sky Dragon

Post by Sky Dragon »

Rigby! wrote: If you are referring to freak fortress, taunts are still disabled from my understanding, removing the taunt blocker was something recent for VSH. Most other servers have disabled the taunt blocker as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, they've been blocked on Freak Fortress 2 a week after their respective releases and still are to this date.
Last edited by Sky Dragon on Mon May 08, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.