Mario Kart X10 Spawn camping

widowmaker

Mario Kart X10 Spawn camping

Post by widowmaker »

There is a rule whereby you aren't allowed to spawn camp the main spawns. The problem with this rule is that it relies on an admin being on the server and enforcing it 24/7 which doesn't happen. I know that you can report players for spawn camping and call the admin onto the server but not everyone does that. Usually when there is no admin on the server spawn camping takes place and when there is a admin on the server there generally isn't any spawn camping after the admin deals with the spawn campers and reminds the entire server not to spawn camp. On other mario kart servers, when you respawn, you get godmode for a few seconds which prevents spawn camping from happening in the first place. So my suggestion is to have the same thing for this server since I feel like that it won't only benefit all the players who play on the server but also the admins as well since it will make their lives easier. Thanks for listening.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: Mario Kart X10 Spawn camping

Post by Dongle »

Moved to correct sub-forum.
ImageImage
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

Personally, I see no problem with spawn camping on the x10 server.

However, it's a different story on the Randomizer server because you lose your loadout every time you are killed by a player of the opposite team.

I do support the idea of having god mode for 5 or 7 seconds after respawning on the randomizer server.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
widowmaker

Post by widowmaker »

Personally I don't find spawn camping on the X10 server too big of an issue when there is just one or a few spawn campers since I usually change class and loadout to counter the spawn campers. For example, if there was a demo spawn camping with stickies, I would usually go fists of steel heavy because while active you take no explosive damage. However, it becomes a more serious problem when nearly the entire enemy team is spawn camping one or a few people trapped in the main spawn. Still, I feel like that you shouldn't have to change class and loadout just to deal with the spawn campers and to get out of spawn especially when you aren't allowed to spawn camp the main spawns in the first place.
Last edited by widowmaker on Tue May 16, 2017 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadmemescentral
Server Admin

Post by deadmemescentral »

If i am not mistaken (told through other admins in the past) spawncamping is not a rule anymore on the server but i do agree it is a little bit of a problem when someone decides to be "that guy" and spawn camp it does cause alot of stress on the server as a whole. So i do see this as a good idea or at the very least the rule for spawn camping be reinstated.