FF2 | Short Circuit Nerf Request/Suggestion

bijuu

Re: FF2 | Short Circuit Nerf Request/Suggestion

Post by bijuu »

To be perfectly honest, feels like its more situational. On some maps (mostly small choke maps), the sc engineer can be completely cancerous and just shut down a hale. On others it can be easily countered with decent strafing and weigh-down. And if you're smart, you look for where the engies usually build and target them first if they cause you so much grief.

The short circuit gives the engineer a way to defend himself up-close when a hale comes for him and/or his nest. But it does feel like it is a tad bit too strong in my opinion. It just feels like it is a easy way out for an engineer, especially if they have a full metal dispenser nearby. A simple slight increase in metal consumption on-use would be ideal imo. Or just leave it as is, even sub-par hale players can easily get around it with rage.
Last edited by bijuu on Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
many_swords
Veteran

Post by many_swords »

Honestly the short circuit is hardly overpowered if you ask me, most engineers have to have at least 2 dispensers up to even prevent a hale from killing them without rage currently and I've seen many people (including myself) get slaughtered well before firing off a single shot. In fact I typically don't have any issues killing engineers at all when they have the short circuit as they just lose metal super quickly already from the last nerfs it has gotten. That being said I'm a more experienced player and I know the ways around a short circuit through experience. But even as stated before by others, you can just rage kill people easily without an issue and frankly it's one of the better options to use a rage on engineers then other classes.

Honestly people will always whine about rages on the game and using that as an excuse to nerf the short circuit would be an awful idea.. And besides, I've seen plenty of people have way more trouble with engineers because of the pyro spamblast holding them in corners then I have with short circuit stuns.
Feel free to message me on the community discord if you have any questions.
@realAstro

Post by @realAstro »

As it was mentioned before, the Short Circuit is the Engineer's last resort escape tool. Honestly you'd think the sentry that he has built would be enough to stop a boss but it isn't in most cases. Proper strafing on land or by air with the appropriate weigh down will end an Engineer very quickly. The Short Circuit is a utility for the ultimate utility class, one which provides health, ammunition, long distance instantaneous travel via teleportation and provide a very modest defense via their sentry guns. It doesn't seem out of the question for another utility to given to the Engineer since his whole design IS utility. The fact that his building as so easily destroyed, and he is so easily outmaneuvered by the boss doesn't seem to warrant a change to his Short Circuit. Its like normal teamwork; where if everyone played off each other well, the bosses will most likely lose every time, regardless of the Engineer class being present. Now, if i *HAVE* to nerf it, which i don't think it needs one, i'd either A) Make it cost more metal to use B) Cause each application to the boss to give rage up to the amount of an airblast from the Pyro or C) Increase the length of time between each use of the Short Circuit so it can't be spammed as frequently, which gives a bigger window for the boss to out-position the Engineer.

Thank you for reading my novel and I look forward to having more discussions like this in the future. Have a great day :>
Hard work, success, failure and learning are all parts of a one whole. Without one, you can't have the other. Mastery is when you balance all aspects of this whole. This makes you the best you that you can be.
Someone

Post by Someone »

It needs a nerf.
People say "He needs it to defend himself when his sentry explodes".
That is bullshit because half the engineers i see that have it equipped leave the nest and shock the hale while he is miles away fighting the rest of the team and the engi just shuts him down with 4 clicks and now imagine when all of the engineers are doing this one after the other and then when you rage them the medic ubers them and they dont die.
I propose that using it now costs health and 80 metal.
The best part is when they say "Just swing at him before he does it" its easy for you to do it when your ping is 30 and his is 150.
Also some hales literally can't kill him even if they rage if he is near a dispenser.
I remember playing guts and loosing about 5k health to the last engineer because i literally couldn't do anything due to him shocking me so i had to cap.
Zethy
Veteran

Post by Zethy »

Someone wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:39 pm It needs a nerf.
People say "He needs it to defend himself when his sentry explodes".
That is bullshit because half the engineers i see that have it equipped leave the nest and shock the hale while he is miles [...}
With the amount of bosses without a stun or damaging-like abilities, I think increasing the cost or simply stopping the engineer from getting metal while the gun is deployed seems like a nice idea.

But there are still many ways to counter the Short Circuit, having game sense (another way to say git gud) would be a good counter. In your case, I would have kept and eye open for any incoming engineer and simply killed it, Guts has more than enough range to kill an Short Circuit engineer.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Opinions on the short circuit have always been extremely divided, that’s why nothing has been changed about it and probably won’t be any time in the near future.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.