[FF2] The Pyro Problem

AgentApple50

[FF2] The Pyro Problem

Post by AgentApple50 »

I think we can all agree Pyro is not exactly in a great state at the moment, considering he/she is supposedly getting a mechanic rework. In my time of playing FF2, I've noticed that pyro is not really a reliable source of DPS, and suffers from many problems, such as getting in melee range to do a slight bit of damage before being killed by the bosses' huge melee range. I would like to suggest a buff to Pyro, not a major one, but some buffs that would just make him/her a little more reliable and viable.

Flare Gun:

Current Stats: 220% push force, 33% more self-damage, mini-crit burning targets

Suggested Stats: All previous stats + 100% crits at all times, 100% more damage against burning targets (180 dmg), 50% larger explosion radius

Degreaser

Current Stats: Holster 30% faster, deploy 60% faster, -66% afterburn penalty, (1 dmg per tick), +25% airblast cost (25 ammo per airblast)

Suggested Stats: Holster 60% faster, deploy 60% faster, -33% afterburn penalty, (2 dmg per tick), 25% airblast cost

Manmelter

Current Stats: 50% faster projectile speed, does not require ammo, extinguishing teammates stores a critical hit.

Suggested Stats: All previous stats + enemy is covered in mad milk on hit

Sharpened Volcano Fragment

Current Stats: Ignite players on hit, -20% damage penalty

Suggested Stats: Ignite players on hit, receive a speed boost on hit for several seconds.

All the ideas I've got so far, if you have any opinions or comments in general please let me know, thanks!
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Re: [FF2] The Pyro Problem

Post by Jasmine »

I'd love for Pyro to get a little bit easier to play!
Much love
Jasmine
Astro

Post by Astro »

I do Agree on this one, since Pyro is not the best damage dealer. He is a good 'support' though
Spoiler
I say support lightly because most of the Pyros that I've seen airblast the boss into certain teammates, Airblasts the boss Non-stop thus builds him rage, and generally just be an A** to the team.
and with these stats he should be viable as either a damage dealer or a support class.
Last edited by Astro on Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Natsumehack

Post by Natsumehack »

A Few small buffs like this will help Poor Pyro Get a bit extra damage in, and give a bit help being s support.

Like the flare gun buff a lot, give me a reason to use it more for damage then as a movement tool as a Jump pyro.

I Personally like the Reserve Shooter to get mini crits/Full Crits at all times with out the need to airblast. The reason for this is very simple, RS can be seen more as a Offensive Secondary, where a Flare gun is a utility weapon. But the only time you be doing any real damage with the RS is if you are non stop Taunting for crits, or by giving the Boss rage by airblasting and then Using the built in system to crit/minicrit the Boss.
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

I trust Valve and hope to see what they can do. If that doesn't benefit FF2, I think we need to sit down longer and figure it out once the pyro update is here
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.