Murder Server

Abraham
Veteran

Re: Murder Server

Post by Abraham »

Mitch wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:38 pm Scenario 1: Set the timer back to base 5 minute games. Instead of impacting the player's karma we make them have a "smoke" effect if they don't kill some one after X amount of time. This will reveal them and they will go into action. However I can see some people might complain if the time isn't enough to get a first kill etc, and it's already unfair if there is 2 or more murderers and some one isn't carrying their weight. X amount of time can be 1.5 minutes, giving them time to understand they'll be known.
Personally I feel like this is the best solution, i'd suggest the time to be 2minutes so it works better with both larger and fewer player amounts. 2minutes should be more than enough time to get a kill, or fail trying to do so. And if the murderer is delaying, 2minutes isn't all that bad to wait and see him get revealed.
ImageImageImage
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Abraham wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:02 pm
Mitch wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:38 pm Scenario 1: Set the timer back to base 5 minute games. Instead of impacting the player's karma we make them have a "smoke" effect if they don't kill some one after X amount of time. This will reveal them and they will go into action. However I can see some people might complain if the time isn't enough to get a first kill etc, and it's already unfair if there is 2 or more murderers and some one isn't carrying their weight. X amount of time can be 1.5 minutes, giving them time to understand they'll be known.
Personally I feel like this is the best solution, i'd suggest the time to be 2minutes so it works better with both larger and fewer player amounts. 2minutes should be more than enough time to get a kill, or fail trying to do so. And if the murderer is delaying, 2minutes isn't all that bad to wait and see him get revealed.
Well we would want to avoid murderers killing one player, and ignoring the rest of the round. So maybe 2 minutes is enough. Although I would need to figure out a way of displaying that they are the murderer, however not making it impossible to get any kills once the murderer is known.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Is it possible for you to force them to have their knife out once they're known? They could still cloak & disguise which would help them get kills once they've been revealed.
ImageImageImage
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Abraham wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 pm Is it possible for you to force them to have their knife out once they're known? They could still cloak & disguise which would help them get kills once they've been revealed.
That's a pretty good idea. I think I might just stick to that as it sounds the easiest to implement.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

It's a spot in Clue, bottom floor middle room where you keep getting stuck in thin air. Can we do anything about that?
Much love
Jasmine
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

Jasmine wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:33 pm It's a spot in Clue, bottom floor middle room where you keep getting stuck in thin air. Can we do anything about that?
Ya i got stuck in it the other day and a bunch of people surrounded me and got stuck too xD It usually happens during the countdown before the round starts and thats when i get stuck in the spot right when the round actually starts.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

LewandaSillyFeathers wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:15 pm
Jasmine wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:33 pm It's a spot in Clue, bottom floor middle room where you keep getting stuck in thin air. Can we do anything about that?
Ya i got stuck in it the other day and a bunch of people surrounded me and got stuck too xD It usually happens during the countdown before the round starts and thats when i get stuck in the spot right when the round actually starts.
Sounds like its in the map file instead of the server, could be a pixel size no draw/playerclip brush, I recommend the next time this happens get your position from console and send the coordinates to Mtch so he can take a look at it without actually doing it through hammer, have who ever gets stuck there type cl_showpos in console.
Last edited by Abraham on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Can we please get access to "slap" or "teleport" for players that unintentionally get stuck in a stupid spot of the map?
Much love
Jasmine
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Added sm_tele
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Thank you!