Murder Server

Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Murder Server

Post by Mitch »

HankHill wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:30 pm Oh, and Helltrain needs to get removed. BLU is still slightly accessable and there are spots that Murderers can't easily get to. I can have a demo available at some point showcasing this.
I thought I covered most of the blue side, I'd rather make sure people can't get to Blue side than remove the map.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

The problem is that there are spots that basically mean death for Murderers that can't throw. They have to go out of their way to get to those spots which means they must commit suicide to get out. KrYsTo and Soapy found a couple of those spots on Red and they are currently accessable in BLU as well. I'm currently testing this on the last round before the map change.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Buttstab69

Post by Buttstab69 »

So I was thinking about the teleportation ability that the Styx class has, and I thought it would be really cool if instead of teleporting to a random spawn, you could teleport to players that have been hit by your throwing knives instead. I think you'd probably have to heavily nerf/remove the poison or blinding effect and reduce the amount of throwing knives he gets to 1-2 so it's not too powerful. Idk just an idea I've had, I'm not sure how you would go about doing something like that.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Buttstab69 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:13 am So I was thinking about the teleportation ability that the Styx class has, and I thought it would be really cool if instead of teleporting to a random spawn, you could teleport to players that have been hit by your throwing knives instead. I think you'd probably have to heavily nerf/remove the poison or blinding effect and reduce the amount of throwing knives he gets to 1-2 so it's not too powerful. Idk just an idea I've had, I'm not sure how you would go about doing something like that.
interesting idea, however i was feeling confident that Styx was pretty balanced as he was. I mainly don't mess with teleporting players because all it takes is 1 unit off and the player would get stuck in a wall or floor making them unable to move. (hence why I teleport to known spawn locations.
Buttstab69

Post by Buttstab69 »

Ah ok, makes sense
Buttstab69

Post by Buttstab69 »

So I've been testing the Sunsteel class for a couple of days now, and boy is he pretty OP. I can say quite a few of the regulars agree with me here. I know you did say that the first few weeks would be for testing and that you would make changes and such after receiving feedback on the new classes. I have recorded this video to show you some ridiculous things the new class Sunsteel can do as of now.

Video:

Edit: Sorry for the horrible editing, I accidentally recorded for 3 hours and it was 5 am when I was editing xD
Last edited by Buttstab69 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Oh yeah i know about a few things that are wrong just didnt exactly get to touch the mod this weekend ill try having an update tomorrow that removes the weird damage arc and make it so only the explosion itself does the damage. Any other suggested changes?
Buttstab69

Post by Buttstab69 »

Not anything I can think of right now, but I'll go ahead and ask other players what they think.
Buttstab69

Post by Buttstab69 »

-Murder Classes-

-Styx: A few people feel the blinding effect of the throwing knife should be nerfed slightly, Maybe adjust the amount of time it takes to get your throwing knife back by a small amount. Probably by 0.1 or 0.2 seconds.

-Hunter: Many of the regulars including me feel that the hunter class is a little op considering they have a speed boost, can see through walls, poison that slows, disorients, and eventually kills you if you cannot find the antidote in time. Finding the antidote can also depend on the map of course. Most of us wouldn't really mind if the class didn't have all three combined, as being able to slow a bystander significantly AND using the speed boost is a bit powerful. I don't really mind the ability to see through walls as much as the poison and speed boost, though it can be a pain to fight against in certain situations. So I suggest reducing the range they're able to see players through walls. I find the speed boost to be powerful as any other class that has a speed boost MUST be cloaked in order to activate this ability, meaning they CANNOT attack while they are speed boosted, and they must also wait for the decloak to finish before they can attack. This is what makes the hunter too strong in my opinion, because they have the ability to attack while being speed boosted in combination with the poisons effects makes it near impossible for the player to survive. I understand that because the hunter has no cloak this is his only escape option, However it's also too powerful when used to chase down players that have been poisoned as I've already said. I'd suggest nerfing the hell out of the slowness effect of the poison or nerfing the speed boost. The poison can slow you enough to the point you can barely even move. I just think this punishes the Sheriff too hard if he misses a shot.

-Alchemist: Many regulars I've talked to feel that the Alchemist class isn't a very skill based class, as it's purely based on RNG and maybe enough skill to dodge a bullet. It's not fun to play against knowing you have almost no chance of winning the fight if they get a stun potion, which lasts for too long in my opinion. I'd suggest reducing the area of effect the stun/cc potions have, and also reducing the amount of time their effects last. In doing this the Alchemist would have to be more accurate and be mindful of how much time they have before the effect wears off. Also I'm not sure this was intentional but, When you kill the Alchemist AFTER he has thrown a potion at you (Any damage dealing potions such as the Fire potion, Black hole, Explosion etc.) it will amplify the amount of damage the potion does significantly, which results in the Sheriff dying along with the Alchemist when the Sheriff shouldn't have died in that situation.

-Maps-

-Crackhouse: This map really needs some health packs, even if they're just mini health packs. Jumping off the roofs of the buildings of course deals damage to you, but there is no real way to get health other than Artifacts which can be difficult to get when you're being chased by the murderer or if other players are also looking for them.

-Lila Panic Night: I consider this map to be bad because of the underground area, as there is only one entrance/exit and it's a maze. I think if there was at least one other entrance/exit this map would be fine, I'm not sure you can do anything about this but if you can then please add another entrance. This map also needs health packs.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Styx: I can make it so the shadow strike (knife throw) comes back after a longer set of time.
Alchemist: I think I have an idea to fix the glitch that does more damage to players when the murderer dies mid throw. Also I'll reduce the range of the effects and lower the time the stun happens
Hunter: I'm not sure if I want to try and screw with the distance of the glows, however I can remove the speed decrease when poisoned and remove the effect of the screen sway.