Murder Server

Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Murder Server

Post by Mitch »

Soup wrote:We would love to try your plug in and if Fire and Spicy would let me or let me apply for admin I would love to do it.
I'll see if I can't get something playable by the weekend.
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

So after some coding today I'm just about ready for a play test of a stripped down version.
What this plugin currently has:
  • 1 out of 8 players will become the murderer when the round starts, their mission is to kill the bystanders, there can be multiple murderers at a time.
  • 1 out of 8 players will be given a Revolver secretly when the round starts, their mission is to hunt down the murderer and kill him.
  • Revolver is a 1 hit kill.
  • Killing innocent players will force drop the gun.
  • Everyone has "hands" which show empty when selected on the sapper.
  • Murderer can cloak at any time, like a spy would. Bystanders cannot. This makes for easier escapes.
This version should be enjoyable however some features are missing that I would love to implement:
  • Karma System (Not shown the players) The Karma system will affect gameplay as your karma drops you will have a less of a chance to become the murderer or become a bystander starting with a gun. This will also affect how many Artifact you need to find a gun. This is just to demean team killing, admins will be notified if your karma drops too low. Your Karma will rise after playing rounds with out killing innocent bystanders. Karma will be saved, so leaving and coming back later wont help.
  • Custom Spawn Locations - Instead of spawning in the same place as every one you will be scattered around the map, which means less of a prep time, less prep time means faster rounds.
  • Artifact collecting - Players will be able to find artifacts around the map, find X amount of artifacts and you will be given a gun (in secret). This will speed up the rounds, however the murderer will still be able to pick up the artifacts to prevent others from getting to them also.
  • Haste mode - Like in TTT haste mode will display a 'false' time of around 3 minutes. The better the murderer plays the more time he will receive in overtime.
  • Murderer Abilities - I would want the Murderer to be able to disguise as other players, however on attacking he will reveal himself. Also being able to throw the knife would be an ability too. The murderer should also be able to sprint, however sprinting while cloaked will reveal himself.
  • Name scramble - Players will be given random names and must call out by the names + color instead. However this idea could use some work as changing a players name would be trivial.
  • Glows - Multiple murderers are possible, however the only way to tell if some one is an ally is if you look at them and it shows red. I want to have a soft red glow only seen by other murderers for ease of use. The glows will also show on dropped guns/knives.
  • Murderer classes, which have different abilities, one being tracker, which can find hiding players, etc.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I'm looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for your work.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

I'm so excited! I can't wait to try it. Thank you for all the work you put into making murder happen on Disc!
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

Looking forward to play this. Haven't tried a new game mode in forever..
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

So, Trouble in Terrorist Town. You want a TF2 TTT
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

sambawarkiddo wrote:So, Trouble in Terrorist Town. You want a TF2 TTT
We've already discussed this a few years ago when I was working on this project before. It was initially going to work like TTT with bodies etc however we quickly realized that the community is pretty immature and we would need to have admins monitor the gameplay etc which would have been a pain. This is a gamemode that can operate at minimal admin interference. Once I finish the karma system it will be the one that gives out bans to players that are randomly killing players.

Anyways I'm still testing out some of the gameplay make sure nothing needs tweaking. Could possibly have a few admins come onto a test server and try it tonight.
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

I havent been this excited to play something in a long time
My Sanity

Post by My Sanity »

Anyways I'm still testing out some of the gameplay make sure nothing needs tweaking. Could possibly have a few admins come onto a test server and try it tonight.
Unless you were looking for Globals specifically :| , I have time available after 5pm CST to help test out if you need someone. I've always enjoyed playing TTT in Gmod.
Last edited by My Sanity on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Make sure you add me if you want to try out a closed alpha version of the murder server.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MitchDizzle/

It might be late when I finish getting everything setup though.