Murder Server

Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Murder Server

Post by Mitch »

Ian225 wrote:I found that inspecting (f key) someone, although all weapons show up as a sapper, can still let you know if the person is a sheriff/murderer. If you have to press your inspect key 2 times until it displays the cosmetics they are wearing, then you know that person is a sheriff/murderer because they have more than 1 weapon on them. If there is only a sapper they posses (they are innocent), you only need to press your inspect key once to cycle through to the cosmetics on the inspect feature. I bet I sound super confusing but please make it so you only press f a certain amount of times on each player to view items.
I think this is more of a glitch of holding more than 1 sapper. This could be more of an issue still, however it's not what you think is happening.
Unless for a fact you've tried this out a ton of times and found it consistent for the murderer etc. I'll still try to fix this issue though.
Last edited by Mitch on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian225

Post by Ian225 »

I didn't do it too much given it was a sort of cheat, but multiple times I tried to inspect people on dead red and found it was only consistent with the sheriffs/murderers. However, it's possible there is a glitch you mentioned, and I happened to only do it on the people that had the knife/revolver and an additional sapper for some reason.

Edit: I have been playing for about a half hour today and two sappers have only appeared on a sheriff/murderer. On one occasion, I only had to do inspect once on a player to cycle through sapper, but after the round started they required 2 inspects when I tried. It turns out they did become the murderer. I did the same thing to other players, but it was only consistent with people who became murderer/sheriff. I'm still pretty sure 2 sappers on a players inspect is linked to being something other than a bystander.
Last edited by Ian225 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Nice catch, thanks for the report. I think I found a fix for it now, and should be patched later tonight. My dad turned off the internet so I couldn't upload changes :(
Last edited by Mitch on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

On one occasion, before players were officially assigned roles, my client rendered one of the murderers as BLU instead of RED; the murderer was properly rendered once roles were assigned. Can you look into this, Mitch?
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

NerfPlayeR135 wrote:On one occasion, before players were officially assigned roles, my client rendered one of the murderers as BLU instead of RED; the murderer was properly rendered once roles were assigned. Can you look into this, Mitch?
This is just their skin being blue, i can look into making it look red when the player spawns.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I don't know how big of a deal this is, but I was bothered by it. When i'm a revolver-wielding bystander, and I saw a murderer, I didn't automatically have my revolver out, so I panicked and didn't have time to pull it out and aim before dying. Probably not a big issue but was just wondering if it was possible to change this. Nevermind, I realize why this is a bad idea.

Also, would it be worthwhile to have anyone who was carrying artifacts before dying to drop at least one? This may also not be needed, but I was wondering if it would be an acceptable addition.
Last edited by PembrokeWelshCorgi on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

PembrokeWelshCorgi wrote:I don't know how big of a deal this is, but I was bothered by it. When i'm a revolver-wielding bystander, and I saw a murderer, I didn't automatically have my revolver out, so I panicked and didn't have time to pull it out and aim before dying. Probably not a big issue but was just wondering if it was possible to change this. Nevermind, I realize why this is a bad idea.

Also, would it be worthwhile to have anyone who was carrying artifacts before dying to drop at least one? This may also not be needed, but I was wondering if it would be an acceptable addition.
So the first instance you spawn with the gun hidden, so others do not know you have the gun. If you flash it around so-be it, however it's a bad idea because the murderer could just kill you first and protect the gun. As for picking the gun up when it's on the ground, being able to shoot immediately could be unfair. Like in gmod murder the gun needs to reload, however you could just pick it up and press 1 and instantly shoot.

I think the artifact dropping from a player when they die if they have more than X artifacts collected is a pretty good idea, however the murderer is able to collect artifacts also, so he could just pick it up after killing some one, intentional or not. I could add a like 5 second delay or something before it becomes active and able to pick up.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fishermatt3552
Veteran

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Would it be possible for the murderer to be able to pick up a certain amount of artifacts, and then being able to disguise as a bystander?
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

fishermatt3552 wrote:Would it be possible for the murderer to be able to pick up a certain amount of artifacts, and then being able to disguise as a bystander?
That's a pretty good suggestion. I was also thinking of an idea to make the invis watch equip after X amount of kills. I think kills might be better though, as collecting artifacts shouldn't be a goal of the murderer, to provide fast gameplay we should be encouraging the player to start killing players instead.

Also for the disguisekit, i think it would be best to only be able to disguise as dead players, because there is no proper way to 'spy-check'. That way if he disguises as a player who was seen killed or isn't talking it'd give the murderer away.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lanliss

Post by Lanliss »

I just want to say, you have done a great job Mitch. I played for hours last night, and it was a blast. Keep up the good work!