Murder Server

Spaartan

Re: Murder Server

Post by Spaartan »

So is there an estimate for when hunter will get buffed again?
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Can we make it an option to opt out of being murder? Some people don't want to be murder but still have the chance to have the gun. Can we make it an option? Like in freak fortress when you opt out of being hale.
Much love
Jasmine
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

Jasmine wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 pm Can we make it an option to opt out of being murder? Some people don't want to be murder but still have the chance to have the gun. Can we make it an option? Like in freak fortress when you opt out of being hale.
I don't know if this could work if too many people are opting out and the server has a low population or the same people are getting murder over and over. But I am not hating on this idea because I know some people waste a murder slot by killing themselves and ruining the chance of victory for their teammates. And sometimes I don't want to be murderer like when I am eating but want to pay attention to the server and not leave.

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
RevolverOceloto

Post by RevolverOceloto »

Well i mean. mitch can give one person the ability to opt out of murder. the rest stay murderer.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Jasmine wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 pm Can we make it an option to opt out of being murder? Some people don't want to be murder but still have the chance to have the gun. Can we make it an option? Like in freak fortress when you opt out of being hale.
This was planned for the next version of murder along with a few other updates to encourage wanting to be murderer or sheriff. I do plan to still add this however I want to rework the way the primary roles are selected if i'm going to dive into personal preferences. As Lewanda stated if the server isn't populated enough then the same players will be getting murderer over and over again. I can make a minimal player required to opt out of being a special role. The idea was to have supporters and up only able to opt out however supporters have become obsolete with the advertisement update fire put on.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

Just played around with the two new classes and...I gotta say, Sunsteel is overpowered.

Sunsteel's invulnerability period doesn't take *too* long to charge, you can a ludicrous amount of time to just go in and kill, and the cooldown doesn't even last that long in the longrun, as you'll likely be hiding for a short time, anyways. It can also act as a win-con against the last players with the guns. The carries I held alone speak volumes.

If I had a way to nerf the class, make it to where Sunsteel can only Uber twice, making each one count to the player. The cooldown timer is honestly fine, but the charge time certainly needs to be longer. You can continue killing bystanders while holding M2 to charge it, then pop it at just the right time to net yourself safety.

Also not a fan of the player tracker being *disabled*, basically, but I at least completely understand this change.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Player tracker?

I might consider changing sunsteels abilities.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

I think he means the top bar that shows classes/health and such. Meaning mathkills are harder
Much love
Jasmine
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Jasmine wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:02 pm I think he means the top bar that shows classes/health and such. Meaning mathkills are harder
Ah gotcha, yeah that change puts murder back to the way it was before that change some time ago. It takes away from the game if you know how many players are alive. Honestly didn't think any one actually paid attention to that.
HankHill
Veteran

Post by HankHill »

I always did, many times calling out that somebody had died early on. Was one of the very few that did use it in its entirety rather than simply for common sense late kills.

Oh, and Helltrain needs to get removed. BLU is still slightly accessable and there are spots that Murderers can't easily get to. I can have a demo available at some point showcasing this.
Last edited by HankHill on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul (The Disguiser) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Apprentice) murdered 14 players.
Paul (The Butcher) murdered 14 players.