Murder Server

Tansome

A Hunter Glitch

Post by Tansome »

There is a glitch that you can perform with the hunter class that allows for unlimited charge for the hunter's abilities. If you switch weapons, it resets the charge to almost full. Quickly switching from whip to sapper back to whip with q to refill charge is something that you can do to bypass the recharge entirely. While this does allow for some hillarious sonic the hedgehog hunters, but it basically just removed one of Hunter's downsides entirely.
Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Murder Server

Post by Mitch »

Thanks for the report, i'll look into doing a fix for it. I knew this 'feature' existed but forgot to find a way to patch it because I wanted to rework how the Hunter recharged when he switched weapons etc.
Stan man wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:55 am Can we add a delay ,similar to contest questions, to whether we forgive someone or not? I accidentally forgave someone when trying to answer a contest question because he shot me RIGHT before I pressed the button. So unfortunately, not only did his karma remain the same, but he became murderer the very next round.
On this topic would removing this menu and making you type "forgive" in chat be easier or less annoying? I'd rather have a player who gets rdm be more inconvenienced to type forgive in chat to restore a players karma instead of just a button. Even if it was a missed shot i'd rather have them take the hit to their karma etc. Also it should be noted forgiving someone will NOT give them back all the karma points, only some (to prevent stupidity). So the fact he got murderer the next round would have just been luck since he would have had 90 karma points at the very most, which isn't enough to be put in the "enhanced" list which are people with perfect karma that get better chances to be a special role.
Last edited by Mitch on Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

Mitch wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:51 pm Thanks for the report, i'll look into doing a fix for it. I knew this 'feature' existed but forgot to find a way to patch it because I wanted to rework how the Hunter recharged when he switched weapons etc.
Stan man wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:55 am Can we add a delay ,similar to contest questions, to whether we forgive someone or not? I accidentally forgave someone when trying to answer a contest question because he shot me RIGHT before I pressed the button. So unfortunately, not only did his karma remain the same, but he became murderer the very next round.
On this topic would removing this menu and making you type "forgive" in chat be easier or less annoying? I'd rather have a player who gets rdm be more inconvenienced to type forgive in chat to restore a players karma instead of just a button. Even if it was a missed shot i'd rather have them take the hit to their karma etc. Also it should be noted forgiving someone will NOT give them back all the karma points, only some (to prevent stupidity). So the fact he got murderer the next round would have just been luck since he would have had 90 karma points at the very most, which isn't enough to be put in the "enhanced" list which are people with perfect karma that get better chances to be a special role.
I have checked several people who rdm on accident and have been forgiven and their karma is 100

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Stan man

Post by Stan man »

Mitch wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:51 pm Thanks for the report, i'll look into doing a fix for it. I knew this 'feature' existed but forgot to find a way to patch it because I wanted to rework how the Hunter recharged when he switched weapons etc.
Honestly having a chat command would work perfectly
[VIP] -[FF]-CrossedRhombus1 : ok time to suck dick
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

LewandaSillyFeathers wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:27 pm
I have checked several people who rdm on accident and have been forgiven and their karma is 100
Oops, your right just looked it up and its using the wrong convar, next update will fix this.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Added 2 new maps (lila panic and crackhouse from cs:s)
Fixed hunter's charge meter (he may need a buff later)
Fixed Karma forgiveness giving back all the karma points back that was lost.

Added new rule and clarification:
New rule: 5. Impersonation, added to prevent players from using another players name to grief.
Clarification: Kill on Sight and False KOS are considered spam IF the user keep saying it on the mic, once should be enough, player's shouldn't use KOS statements as a reason to kill a murderer, it's considered rdm if the player personally did not see the accused go blue. I don't care if players call out an innocent bystander as a murderer, it's the rdmer's fault to listening and not doing any detective work.

Next version of the Murder plugin will INCREASE RDM PENALTY. Instead of 20 rounds before good karma it will be much higher. This change will rollout with the new forgiveness method of instead of the menu. I'd rather have RDMers have a shitty time because they're not getting the gun then have people complain about getting killed every round from the same guy.
RevolverOceloto

Post by RevolverOceloto »

Class Suggestion: ''Vampire''

Weapon: Kunai
Passive: Low Health. can cloak but if shot during cloak will be dead. Every kill will increase health by 25% percent. will decay over 30 seconds.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

RevolverOceloto wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:14 pm Class Suggestion: ''Vampire''

Passive: Low Health. can cloak but if shot during cloak will be dead. Every kill will increase health by 25% percent. will decay over 30 seconds.
Are you suggesting that the gun would no longer be a 1 hit kill?
RevolverOceloto

Post by RevolverOceloto »

Mitch wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:25 pm
RevolverOceloto wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:14 pm Class Suggestion: ''Vampire''

Are you suggesting that the gun would no longer be a 1 hit kill?
Depending on how much dmg you gave the revolver. i would say a backstab with the vampire class doesnt make you a one shot ko. not if you get shot twice. Once by sustaining the dmg and twice by dying finally
Spaartan

Post by Spaartan »

Hi, I frequently play on the server and I would like to suggest a class:
Class Suggestion: ''Frosty'' (Idk I'm not good with names)

Weapons: Spycicle, Cloak
Spycicle: It would cause the victim to become a statue and stay there until the round end. Can be thrown for slow effect. Regens after 6 secs.
Cloak: It would make you turn into a statue (like that frozen thing in the rtd mod). You can still be shot and stuff, but you can hide amongst your victims.

Other than that, when will the hunter be reverted/buffed?