Murder Server

Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Murder Server

Post by Mitch »

Jasmine wrote:Removing all the Maps with pits would make a very limited choice. Imo it's better to tell sheriff's not to disrupt the gameplay and if they continue, get an admin.
If the context to this reply was the players with guns killing themselves with the guns in the pit it's already fixed, the guns will teleport to the closest spawn, however on maps like cp_gorge_event it will spawn closest to the tower.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stan man

Post by Stan man »

Mitch wrote:
Stan man wrote:Is anyone else experiencing an issue where the game crashes when connecting?

It's on every other map change that when I connect to the server, my game just crashes.
Could be the map, what is it changing to?
It doesn't matter what it changes to. Or at least I don't think so. Other people seem to connect just fine, and I've noticed it's every other map change.
Last edited by Stan man on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
[VIP] -[FF]-CrossedRhombus1 : ok time to suck dick
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

One of the biggest issues on the server seems to be people hiding in dark corners, trees and what ever they can come up with. I'd suggest a timer that triggers bleed on you or atleast a beacon if you stay in one spot for too long, maybe somewhere after 45-60seconds. Would also help with getting the gun from someone who is AFK as well as help the rounds from taking forever to end. It's extremely frustrating to wait 2minutes while the last 2guys are hiding in a random corner, which happens just about every other round.
ImageImageImage
Lanliss

Post by Lanliss »

Abraham wrote:One of the biggest issues on the server seems to be people hiding in dark corners, trees and what ever they can come up with. I'd suggest a timer that triggers bleed on you or atleast a beacon if you stay in one spot for too long, maybe somewhere after 45-60seconds. Would also help with getting the gun from someone who is AFK as well as help the rounds from taking forever to end. It's extremely frustrating to wait 2minutes while the last 2guys are hiding in a random corner, which happens just about every other round.
I feel like this would be a bad idea. The game moves plenty quickly with the 5 minute timer, I don't think you need to also remove certain play styles to make it even faster. They are incentivized to live however they can, because surviving to the end means the murderers lose.
Last edited by Lanliss on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Lanliss wrote:
Abraham wrote:One of the biggest issues on the server seems to be people hiding in dark corners, trees and what ever they can come up with. I'd suggest a timer that triggers bleed on you or atleast a beacon if you stay in one spot for too long, maybe somewhere after 45-60seconds. Would also help with getting the gun from someone who is AFK as well as help the rounds from taking forever to end. It's extremely frustrating to wait 2minutes while the last 2guys are hiding in a random corner, which happens just about every other round.
I feel like this would be a bad idea. The game moves plenty quickly with the 5 minute timer, I don't think you need to also remove certain play styles to make it even faster. They are incentivized to live however they can, because surviving to the end means the murderers lose.
What im aiming at with this suggestion is to make it more enjoyable to spectate and to prevent people from losing interest, sure right now the server is doing fine but how long will it take for people to lose interest in the endless waiting because of few guys chilling in corners. The basic idea of the mod is that the murderer kills who he can and the rest do their best to catch him and kill him. Not to hide in a tree while 20guys wait. We already got PropHunt for that.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Abraham wrote:
Lanliss wrote:
What im aiming at with this suggestion is to make it more enjoyable to spectate and to prevent people from losing interest, sure right now the server is doing fine but how long will it take for people to lose interest in the endless waiting because of few guys chilling in corners. The basic idea of the mod is that the murderer kills who he can and the rest do their best to catch him and kill him. Not to hide in a tree while 20guys wait. We already got PropHunt for that.
Murderer's already get an outline of the last bystander alive. With the upcoming addition of classes, as well as a few other things, I do not see a reason to make this change.

With that being said, it is also the murderer's job to find and kill every one, and the bystanders job to survive however they can. If people aren't exploiting into unreachable spots, I really don't see a problem with it. I don't want to limit how people play the game (with the exception of bystander kills/rdm punishment). As people play the gamemode more, they will get used to the commonly used hiding places and check there more often (like prophunt).
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Bench

Post by Bench »

Question about a rule as murderer:

In this example: Romeo is the murderer and Juliette is a bystander. Would it be legal for Romeo to make a fake call about Juliette being the murderer? This would lead to the sheriff potentially RDM'ing, reducing their karma, and Juliette being confused as fuck. The only way this could be possible is if you made the call on a dead bystander, which would distract the sheriff into going on a wild goose chase.

To summarize: Is the murderer allowed to make false murderer calls on alive bystanders?
Last edited by Bench on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Bench wrote:Question about a rule as murderer:

In this example: Romeo is the murderer and Juliette is a bystander. Would it be legal for Romeo to make a fake call about Juliette being the murderer? This would lead to the sheriff potentially RDM'ing, reducing their karma, and Juliette being confused as fuck. The only way this could be possible is if you made the call on a dead bystander, which would distract the sheriff into going on a wild goose chase.

To summarize: Is the murderer allowed to make false murderer calls on alive bystanders?
Im personally with this, as this takes a burden off admins. Im going to say this is allowed it is the job of the sheriff to determine who the murderer is. You can still win if you disable mics etc if you watch what players do, that's what i personally do to avoid killing innocents
Last edited by Mitch on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Murder at the Mannor 3.2 Changelog:
  • Added anti RDM percautions at the beginning of the round. If a player attempts to kill another player with no proof they will drop the gun and their karma will be hurt.
  • Added Hint text for Murderers and Guns at the start of the round for extra notification.
  • Kill cams will no longer display the name of the murderer who killed you.
  • Dying will show a black screen, to help hide who the murderer is.
  • Karma system and map configs moved locally (this will hopefully improve background issues)
  • Separated the plugin into two, one that maintains the gameplay and one that maintains the loadout and custom weapons (easier to update for future additions)
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ignatious
Server Admin

Post by Ignatious »

Bug: Your state (Bystander or Murderer) is showing up within/behind the map timer on the server on your screen.

Screenshot: Murder bug
Last edited by Ignatious on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.