Murder Server

Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Murder Server

Post by Mitch »

I wasn't able to do a full closed test last night due to the time needed to setup the server right and figure out some of the bugs (using bots) I hopefully can clean up some of the bug that were crashing the server and bugs that were incorrectly running the gamemode.

If anybody has a list of maps for the server that I can try adding now would be a good time to post them as right now the only map that is configured is cp_manor_event.

One of the limitations in this gamemode is that most maps will need custom spawn locations so players don't spawn in or near each other too closely also Artifact locations will need to be programmed in, however I might have a way around that through an algorithm.

I'm also having troubles making the revolver drop on the ground for other bystanders to pickup when a player dies.
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

Maps we have played murder on that we have enjoed are:
Murder_camp_young
railyard_as
dropdown_rc1
Murder minetown
against_all_odds_b2
subway_b3f

Some maps that from ph we think may work:
Lumberyard
Manor event
Dust 2v2
Northrural
Desert town
Campsite
Ferrous
CChotel
also military area from VSH

Can you make it so the gun just randomly goes to another player once the sheriff is killed?
Last edited by Soup on Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I don't think desert town would be a good map. There are certain areas you can't access without the jetpack function.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Soup wrote:Can you make it so the gun just randomly goes to another player once the sheriff is killed?
Thanks for the list of maps, for now while testing it will be restricted to cp_manor_event.
I'm not a big fan of the gun randomly popping up into another player's inventory.
Currently there are 2 ways of getting the gun:
• Pick it up from a dead player that previously had a gun (it will drop on the ground) (or if the player RDMed)
• Collect 5 or more artifacts and you will be given a gun.
This will give the bystanders something to do. Only 1 artifact shows itself at once.
Last edited by Mitch on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

I've setup a server, check it out and let me get some feedback and bug reports:
copy into your console:

Code: Select all

password testing;connect 162.248.92.127:27030;
Last edited by Mitch on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

Thank you for getting this going so quickly! We tested the server last night and there are a few things we wondered if they could be changed.
1. You can hear dead voice but not see dead chat. Is there a way to make it so alive players can't hear dead players?
2. The collision allows players to block people in rooms, stand on each other to find exploits, and push people into the hole around CP. Is there a way to fix this without messing up the hit box?
3. When you are dead you can spectate all the players but the murderer. Not really a big deal but a few people mentioned it.
4. If the gun falls in the hole no one gets the gun.
5. When the murderer goes invisible you can still see their chat bubble.
6. All taunts seem to work except RPS.
7. Sometimes the murderers name is red when you are looking at them but other times it isn't. We couldn't find a pattern as to why it would happen for some people some of the time but not others.

Thank you again for everything you have done Mitch. It is very appreciated and we all had a great time on the server!
Last edited by Soup on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Thank you for mentioning the bugs that you've found. Mitch is already working on a fix for some of the things mentioned.

Dead players talking.
Alltalk settings are a pain to get working as desired. This will be patched before going live.

Spectating while dead.
While dead, you should be able to spectate a random half of the innocents on the server, but never the murderer.

Gun falling in hole/off the map.
Mitch was working on making it so that when the gun prop hit the trigger.hurt it would spawn randomly at one of the player spawns.

Rock, Paper, Scissors
This taunt was specifically blocked due to the fact that it shows what team people are on above their head.

Chat bubble while disguised.
There is nothing that we can do to fix that, it is a client-side bubble that occurs whenever the client detects someone talking. The best we could do to prevent that is to disable all-talk for the murderer while he's disguised, however I wouldn't see how that would help the actual issue.

Murderers name being red.
Let us know if you find any specific circumstances which might be making this occur.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

Would it not be possible to disable chat bubbles like it is in prophunt?
I don't see why you'd need to be able to see who's talking anyway.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Ill look into disabling the voice chat icon. I have yet to fix the voice chat, due to it needing heavily tested just so no one gets randomly muted all round. Ill look into enabling noblock, i didnt have itb enabled at first because i didnt know how the knife v would react. You can also pick up the gifts models around the map, 5 of them will give you a gun.
Ian225

Post by Ian225 »

I found that inspecting (f key) someone, although all weapons show up as a sapper, can still let you know if the person is a sheriff/murderer. If you have to press your inspect key 2 times until it displays the cosmetics they are wearing, then you know that person is a sheriff/murderer because they have more than 1 weapon on them. If there is only a sapper they posses (they are innocent), you only need to press your inspect key once to cycle through to the cosmetics on the inspect feature. I bet I sound super confusing but please make it so you only press f a certain amount of times on each player to view items.
Last edited by Ian225 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.