Murder Server

fishermatt3552
Veteran

Re: Murder Server

Post by fishermatt3552 »

Mitch wrote:
fishermatt3552 wrote:Would it be possible for the murderer to be able to pick up a certain amount of artifacts, and then being able to disguise as a bystander?
That's a pretty good suggestion. I was also thinking of an idea to make the invis watch equip after X amount of kills. I think kills might be better though, as collecting artifacts shouldn't be a goal of the murderer, to provide fast gameplay we should be encouraging the player to start killing players instead.

Also for the disguisekit, i think it would be best to only be able to disguise as dead players, because there is no proper way to 'spy-check'. That way if he disguises as a player who was seen killed or isn't talking it'd give the murderer away.
I was thinking that after 2 or so kills, the murderer could go up to a dead body, click or press whatever button, and then disguise as that person
Last edited by fishermatt3552 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

fishermatt3552 wrote:
Mitch wrote:
fishermatt3552 wrote:Would it be possible for the murderer to be able to pick up a certain amount of artifacts, and then being able to disguise as a bystander?
That's a pretty good suggestion. I was also thinking of an idea to make the invis watch equip after X amount of kills. I think kills might be better though, as collecting artifacts shouldn't be a goal of the murderer, to provide fast gameplay we should be encouraging the player to start killing players instead.

Also for the disguisekit, i think it would be best to only be able to disguise as dead players, because there is no proper way to 'spy-check'. That way if he disguises as a player who was seen killed or isn't talking it'd give the murderer away.
I was thinking that after 2 or so kills, the murderer could go up to a dead body, click or press whatever button, and then disguise as that person
The only problem with dead bodies is that I would need to create prop_ragdolls where the players die, however the ragdolls could be very resource intensive. I'll look more into it.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I joined murder and noticed that I was seeing a frame stutter. I thought it was odd since nothing had changed since yesterday, but I went ahead and tried a couple of troubleshooting steps for this problem. Then I changed to the prop hunt server and didn't notice any stuttering. It's only occurring on the murder server.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

Yeah it does it for me too. Tommy also said he was having the same problem.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

It probably just needs a restart, it's been up since saturday afternoon and hasn't crashed (a pretty damn good uptime).
Not to mention it's been on the same map without changing.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

The Murder server was recently locked with a password. Is something wrong with it?
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

it's up now, sorry forgot to remove the password.
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

A group of us were playing for about 4 hours last night and for some reason we could only hear people some of the time. For example 3 people could hear each other but the 4th couldn't hear the conversation. Then a new person wouldn't be able to hear later. At times we all seemed to be able to hear each other. It was very odd. We didn't really see a correlation between who could and couldn't hear and who was sheriff or murderer.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Soup wrote:A group of us were playing for about 4 hours last night and for some reason we could only hear people some of the time. For example 3 people could hear each other but the 4th couldn't hear the conversation. Then a new person wouldn't be able to hear later. At times we all seemed to be able to hear each other. It was very odd. We didn't really see a correlation between who could and couldn't hear and who was sheriff or murderer.
This seems to be the voice chat plugin I made which seems to only work for a few people. I'll look into it later tonight.

Once I figure out why my test server is crashing I will have a new version up later this week for testing also.
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

I believe I found a fix for the voice chat issues, and an updated version of the gamemode is live on the server now.
Changes:
  • Potential fix for voice chat hearing dead people
  • At the end of the round stats will be given about the murderer(s): Who killed the murderer (if he died), and how many kills the murderer got (if he got any kills)
  • Changed artifact models to be gibs of buildables (teleporter, dispenser, sentry, and sapper.)
  • Notify the player if their karma is low at the beginning of the round (I've noticed this may be broken and warn people who have good karma).
Features that I plan on implementing for testing Friday night:
  • Throwable knife for the murderer. Just like in the Gmod gamemode, however you will need to hold R to charge etc.
  • Pickup distance for pressing E on the knife
  • Disguise kit, after X amount of kills (perhaps a ratio?) the murderers will be able to disguise as dead players.
  • AFK system: If a player is deemed AFK and is a special role, the role will be rechosen and the player will be slain.
  • If the murderer leaves within X seconds of round start then the role will be repicked. If the bystander with a gun leaves the revolver will be dropped.
  • Last standing Bystander, a glow will appear on the last bystander, to avoid long games because they are hiding.
  • Murderers should glow to each other, to easily determine who each of them are.
I also plan on adding some cleanup utilities to block voice spam in chat. Also there will be a !rules plugin and a custom MOTD with a how to play section for newcomers before the Public Open Beta.

Features can be tracked in this trello board (live): https://trello.com/c/BMGi2c6n
Last edited by Mitch on Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.