Murder Server

Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Murder Server

Post by Mitch »

Soup wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:15 pm A few regulars and myself have noticed a bug where (as of now) if you are the Hunter class you'll flash blue when everyone receives their role thus letting others know you are the murderer. Some of the regulars tested it last night and it happened every time with that class and the person was always the murderer. I don't know if it can be fixed or not. This class is really popular and I don't want it to go but if you are paying attention you can see the quick change in color.
Not sure why the Hunter specifically is being affected by this bug, my best guess is that it's the fact he has a gun and is momentarily switching to it for a single frame, which is long enough that it could show player's colors. I'll see if I can get it fixed or try some solution out.
Buttstab69

Post by Buttstab69 »

Nah dude this is the nerf hunter needs wym
Empi

Post by Empi »

Buttstab69 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:55 am Nah dude this is the nerf hunter needs wym
:thumbup:
Bench

Post by Bench »

Mitch wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:57 am
Soup wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:15 pm A few regulars and myself have noticed a bug where (as of now) if you are the Hunter class you'll flash blue when everyone receives their role thus letting others know you are the murderer. Some of the regulars tested it last night and it happened every time with that class and the person was always the murderer. I don't know if it can be fixed or not. This class is really popular and I don't want it to go but if you are paying attention you can see the quick change in color.
Not sure why the Hunter specifically is being affected by this bug, my best guess is that it's the fact he has a gun and is momentarily switching to it for a single frame, which is long enough that it could show player's colors. I'll see if I can get it fixed or try some solution out.
I believe this occurs with more classes: one being agent, because I see it on many occasions, & it's not fun.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Buttstab69

Post by Buttstab69 »

I'm pretty sure it's happened to every class
Lanliss

Post by Lanliss »

Buttstab69 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:02 pm I'm pretty sure it's happened to every class
Maybe, but I have noticed it specifically happening a lot to hunter. It's hard to confirm, since not everyone who plays hunter is someone I know, and not everytime someone I do know plays hunter is someone watching, but the times that I have seen someone I know that I knew might play hunter, they have flashed. Later in those rounds, they have consistently been identified as hunters.
Empi

Post by Empi »

I have an Idea, what if we had a form of change notes so that people can check what changed in the updates.
Buttstab69

Post by Buttstab69 »

They post changes to the servers on the DISC-FF Discord
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Empi wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:49 pm I have an Idea, what if we had a form of change notes so that people can check what changed in the updates.
This may be a bit late on my post but I do make sure I document everything that has changed. Fire then posts it on the Discord Announcements channel. I even add a little bit of transparency and mention internal workings of the code, even though most won't understand the changes because the plugin is private.
Empi

Post by Empi »

Map suggestion:
2fort