Murder Server

Bench

Re: Murder Server

Post by Bench »

Idjit wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:35 pm The whole point of the fall damage increase, at least in my eyes, is to deter people from jumping off of high points to escape murderers.
I think the increase was also because of the addition of the Shinobi class, who throws knives that deal 25 or 50 damage. More damage chipped away from falling = easier kills for them.

I would have replied earlier but I was camping this weekend.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

I feel like that helps to bolster my point, adding yet another reason as to why the increased fall damage is a good thing. Don't really think it needs any more changes
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

The fall damage wasn't to buff the shinobi. I have reverted the fall damage or atleast lowered it. It used to be 5x, now its 2x. The main reason i wanted to buff fall damage was because of the amount of poison/acid abilities the murderers have, making them more effective.

Also a few other things will be changed for the alchemist:
Ice potion will have less of a speed debuff and expire faster.
Stun potion will last 3 seconds instead of 5.
Im probably going to play with the randomization of the potions to prevent duplicates from coming up so often.
Last edited by Mitch on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lanliss

Post by Lanliss »

I feel like the blackhole potion lasts just a bit too long, personally. It is still basically an instant kill, unless one is lucky enough to have a sheriff watching when it it gets thrown, and is actually more deadly than the wizards spell since it's so easy to know right where the prey will be. I think cutting the time by half would keep it plenty effective, but give more wiggle room to survival.

Another option would be cutting it even further, say to like a quarter time, but increase it's radius. So it would act as a quick pull to put someone where you want them, but doesn't keep them there for long at all. The increased radius would keep it from feeling useless at the lower duration.
Bench

Post by Bench »

Is the addition of a report system being anticipated? I have received messages from friends who play on murder if I could contact an admin for someone RDM'ing or mic spamming, but there is not much I can personally do except tell the rule-breaker to stop since I choose to not have many other admins added. If a system is being added soon, about how long until then?

And if I get another stupid reply like this, I'm gonna be pretty fucking enraged.
Shankin wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 pm I mean, you can just record them and let us know.
Last edited by Bench on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

Last I heard, it's being worked on. A temporary solution would be to add the admins of the server and tell them yourself, though. While it is definitely your choice to add who you want to add, you're purposefully choosing to avoid an easy solution.

I'd like the report bot on their as soon as possible, believe me. But for now, people should work to get around the lack of it until this it's implemented.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Admins can't really punish for RDM's unless they watch them do it massively, which rarely happens. RDM is a case-by-case situation which report may be too late to enact on.
Since I've done the forgive menu maybe it's time to setup some harsher punishment for players which constantly kill players and don't get forgiven.
If some one comes to you because there's some one killing innocents or murderers for no reason (AND they are saying in chat that they killed the player for no reason) then the player should screenshot chat and status in console and make a report on the forums or bring it to an admin if anything.
Shankin
Veteran

Post by Shankin »

Bench wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:27 pm Is the addition of a report system being anticipated? I have received messages from friends who play on murder if I could contact an admin for someone RDM'ing or mic spamming, but there is not much I can personally do except tell the rule-breaker to stop since I choose to not have many other admins added. If they are being added soon, about how long until then?

And if I get another stupid reply like this, I'm gonna be pretty fucking enraged.
Shankin wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 pm I mean, you can just record them and let us know.
Or you can just ask an admin to handle it.
WhatIsLove: SHANKIN YOU'RE A FUCKING NIGGA BITCH.

SpicyCandy: you're sub-human.
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

Is the addition of a report system being anticipated? I have received messages from friends who play on murder if I could contact an admin for someone RDM'ing or mic spamming, but there is not much I can personally do except tell the rule-breaker to stop since I choose to not have many other admins added. If they are being added soon, about how long until then?

I mean, you can just record them and let us know.
That's isn't really a stupid reply, if a admin isn't on, tell them to record it and then they will have evidence to show another admin.
Last edited by Rigby! on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

If players want some one to be punished when theres no admins on, especially in murder gamemode they need to learn how to record gameplay. If an rdm occurs admins can't really know what happened in the round to lead to the rdm meaning they can't do anything about the report besides come in and watch, however that would just make the accuser act good while the admin is online.