Murder Server

Soup
Veteran

Re: Murder Server

Post by Soup »

The map times seem long. Can they be shortened to 30 or 45 min.?
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

The map time limit was initially long because of the lack of maps, I can shorten it to around 45 minutes. However Suggestions for maps would be nice. All you need to do is go through the tf2 workshop, see a map that might be nice subscribe to it check it out. The main things you want to look for is "can I easily get around the map easily, kill players without being noticed" etc. Then you can post a link to it, I'll setup the player spawns and artifact spawn locations and it'll be on the map. It's just a tedious thing to do and I'd rather work on additions/bug fixes for the gamemode.
RevolverOceloto

Post by RevolverOceloto »

How about a trail for the killers when they're not killing? Also the killers need a faster knife draw and maybe swing speed?
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

RevolverOceloto wrote:How about a trail for the killers when they're not killing? Also the killers need a faster knife draw and maybe swing speed?
I don't really want to implement this, as I've been working on adding Murderer classes, which will change the way each murderer will play, some of them can be slow paced. I do have plans on a sort of 'haste mode' which gives the killers 2-3 minutes to kill players to gain time back, each kill will reward X seconds in overtime.
The reason the attack speed is slower is to prevent mass killing an entire group in an instant, as fun as that sounds it would put the rounds in favor of the murderers too much and be very unbalanced. The knife draw speed seems to be fine, as i'm still able to get killed without even noticing they have a knife out etc. It's doable, just takes more skill/practice.
Last edited by Mitch on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shankin
Veteran

Post by Shankin »

RevolverOceloto wrote:How about a trail for the killers when they're not killing? Also the killers need a faster knife draw and maybe swing speed?

The swing speed and knife draw is already fine the way it is.
Last edited by Shankin on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhatIsLove: SHANKIN YOU'RE A FUCKING NIGGA BITCH.

SpicyCandy: you're sub-human.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

I've added this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=300817
To hopefully prevent players from spamming chat while there are no admins online.
Let me know if there's any other plugins we could add.

Also to clarify the Murderer classes that were said to be VIP are not paid vip, it's the basic vip that you get from connecting from the favorites etc. I was going to track play time also to unlock those classes, I just didn't want new players who have no idea what's going and not knowing how to play from being picked as a complicated class.
Lanliss

Post by Lanliss »

Thanks for the clarification. I had been really confused by that before.
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

Here are 3 maps that may work well for murder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v18ut93q2 ... Murder.zip
Bench

Post by Bench »

Could we please get a report system, server has lots of rule breakers. The only way to deal with them is having a bunch of globals added or the murder admins added & messaging them. There of course are people who don't have those people added or the admins are offline.
Steam
Tickle: Hello, I'm tickle, & I'm a pedophile
Bench: (immediately & excited) I'm underage
Shankin
Veteran

Post by Shankin »

Bench wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:11 pm Could we please get a report system, server has lots of rule breakers. The only way to deal with them is having a bunch of globals added or the murder admins added & messaging them. There of course are people who don't have those people added or the admins are offline.
I mean, you can just record them and let us know.
WhatIsLove: SHANKIN YOU'RE A FUCKING NIGGA BITCH.

SpicyCandy: you're sub-human.