Murder Server

Mitch
Server Admin

Re: Murder Server

Post by Mitch »

PembrokeWelshCorgi wrote:We may not need admins as much as we need a way to prevent the server from being so noisy. Everyone talks over each other. It becomes very frustrating.
I was thinking of a voice meter thing where you can only talk straight for 8 seconds, then you need to wait a few seconds before you can be talk again. This can be enabled with X amount of people etc, however it's not a favored solution since 1 person could be explaining something and get cut off early etc.
Last edited by Mitch on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bijuu

Post by bijuu »

On maps where there is a pit of death, the Sheriffs with guns can jump in the pit and leave the rest of the innocent bystanders unarmed for the rest of the round. Yes you can get a gun through the artifacts, but that takes quite a bit of time. I played for a while today on gorge_event and the people with the revolvers were jumping in the pit sometimes trolling the rest of the bystanders. Would be nice if there was a way to fix that or avoid it completely by removing maps with pits.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, I looked back in the thread and didn't find anyone mentioning it, sorry if it was.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

bijuu wrote:On maps where there is a pit of death, the Sheriffs with guns can jump in the pit and leave the rest of the innocent bystanders unarmed for the rest of the round. Yes you can get a gun through the artifacts, but that takes quite a bit of time. I played for a while today on gorge_event and the people with the revolvers were jumping in the pit sometimes trolling the rest of the bystanders. Would be nice if there was a way to fix that or avoid it completely by removing maps with pits.

Not sure if this was already mentioned, I looked back in the thread and didn't find anyone mentioning it, sorry if it was.
Yeah I dont think any one mentioned it here, money notified me at the start of the server about this issue, I just put up a fix for this issue also, if the gun falls into a pit it will teleport to the closest spawn location.
  • Added Motd (How to play and rules!)
  • Enhanced pickup for knife and gun (I think), it will now check a radius for picking up the gun/knife
  • Prevent gun getting stuck in kill pits.
  • If a murderer is afk for the first minute he will be swapped to spec and if there are multiple murderers he will be repicked. (needs more testing)
  • Murderers can now use team chat to communicate to each other.
  • Added silent backstabs for the murderer
  • Added more RDM penalties, the following round will increase attack speed and reload time.
  • Gamemode now works on arena maps.
This is another reminder that if you have maps that you would like to see setup for this gamemode post them here, it's easiest if theres a link to download the map also.
Last edited by Mitch on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

Last edited by Soup on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stan man

Post by Stan man »

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where the game crashes when connecting?

It's on every other map change that when I connect to the server, my game just crashes.
[VIP] -[FF]-CrossedRhombus1 : ok time to suck dick
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Stan man wrote:Is anyone else experiencing an issue where the game crashes when connecting?

It's on every other map change that when I connect to the server, my game just crashes.
Could be the map, what is it changing to?
Last edited by Mitch on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SnottierOdin

Post by SnottierOdin »

So whenever we rtv for the map Yunshu, it gives a message saying, "Your map [maps/murder_yunshu_rc1.bsp] differs from the server's" and just disconnects me from the server. It also says, "Attemped to precache unknown particle system "spellbook_major_sparkles"!. So it's basically not letting me play on the server. Is there anything I can do about this?
Not a Tryhard. Just Good. (x10)

I'm Santa Poot on the servers
Spoiler
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

SnottierOdin wrote:So whenever we rtv for the map Yunshu, it gives a message saying, "Your map [maps/murder_yunshu_rc1.bsp] differs from the server's" and just disconnects me from the server. It also says, "Attemped to precache unknown particle system "spellbook_major_sparkles"!. So it's basically not letting me play on the server. Is there anything I can do about this?
I'm not sure how you got a different version of murder_yunshu_rc1 however if you delete it and redownload the one we have you'll be able to join.
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SnottierOdin

Post by SnottierOdin »

Mitch wrote:
SnottierOdin wrote:So whenever we rtv for the map Yunshu, it gives a message saying, "Your map [maps/murder_yunshu_rc1.bsp] differs from the server's" and just disconnects me from the server. It also says, "Attemped to precache unknown particle system "spellbook_major_sparkles"!. So it's basically not letting me play on the server. Is there anything I can do about this?
I'm not sure how you got a different version of murder_yunshu_rc1 however if you delete it and redownload the one we have you'll be able to join.
It worked. Thanks for the help.
Last edited by SnottierOdin on Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not a Tryhard. Just Good. (x10)

I'm Santa Poot on the servers
Spoiler
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Removing all the Maps with pits would make a very limited choice. Imo it's better to tell sheriff's not to disrupt the gameplay and if they continue, get an admin.
Much love
Jasmine