Additional Full VIP Abilities/Suggestions

Ambutt
Server Admin

Additional Full VIP Abilities/Suggestions

Post by Ambutt »

I've seen very little suggestions on this here, so I'm going to take my chances and post this here.

Having seen what the full VIP has to offer for players who donate 3-30 keys, many have said that purchasing VIP is not worth the money. And to a degree, I can see what they mean.
What I'm proposing is that it'd be nice to see even more features to offer, to possibly tempt more people into purchasing VIP and increasing the donations for the servers.
Though this is a rough idea of what can be achieved, I am always up for other ideas and suggestions.

- Custom titles and tags before/after names in chat (Possibly have the ability to pay extra for custom titles).

- Additional commands for universal/specific server usage (Extra body scaling abilities, !screamme, further voice limits).

- Pets and junk (Tiny Desk Engineers, things like that mumbo jumbo).

- Ability to add Unusual effects to head/hat.

- VIP immunity at end of round against other team (AKA invincibility).

- Custom skins/models (Though this could cause multiple problems with new players loading - missing textures, crashing, etc - so best not to do this unless it's a last resort).

- Taunt menu (Be able to use any taunt, even if not in inventory).

- Higher VIP privilege with votes and nominations (For example, full VIP's nominations appear at the top of voting lists).

- Wings (In addition to tails).

Anyway, these are just various suggestions to improving the purchased VIP. I appreciate any feedback to these ideas, and any additional ideas to add.
Yes, I am that one guy you might catch on that one server every now and then.
Armen
Veteran

Re: Additional Full VIP Abilities/Suggestions

Post by Armen »

VIP Immunity: I think it'd be cool to have immunity without having to resize yourself, especially on servers that don't allow for resizing. Of course, you wouldn't be able to hurt others when activated.

Custom Skins: I'll just say that this will not be added, I'm pretty sure.

VIP Privileges with Nominations: No. I think VIP perks should be purely cosmetic, with the exception of invincibility. Allowing VIP nominations to be at the top of the lists would be unfair to those who don't donate. Not everyone can afford VIP or want to pay for it.

I don't really have any other opinions on the other suggestions. Pets were a thing on Trade #3 when we had it. I think Fire was testing it or some shit. It may or may not come back. It was kind of glitchy anyways imo.
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

I agree with everything expect for 3 proposals.

1. Custom tags.
I personally feel of this were added people will try and put "admin" next to their name and try and use the blue chat the admins use. We could somehow prevent players form using admin and the blue text somehow but players still might find way around that.

2. Vip nominations.

As stated before it just won't simply be fair for people who paid to get their choices above anyone else's

3. Unusual effects on hats.
I feel this could lead to a potential scamming situation especially on the idle and trade servers. Now any player who's been playing for a while know which item is a unusual variant or not, but new players do not.

Anyhow I think the rest would be awesome for the VIPs to have.
Last edited by Drewski on Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

If I'm not mistaken, Valve will blacklist any server that falsifies an item in a player's inventory, IE making a hat into an unusual through plugins. Another thing to mention is that I personally like the low server load times, and the more VIP models we add (Wings, Skins, Commands, etc) are more downloads. this can be pretty taxing on people, especially those without the best internet. Everyone will need to download it, and if times get too long people may not stick around to finish downloading. The people above me already explained the issue with giving people better nominations, aside from that it seems okay.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

1. Custom tags
Fire and Spicy have covered this before, but I'll cover it again here. Chat colors and effects are meant to show the status in the community. If VIP's were able to have custom titles (or even a set of limited titles), they would not reflect their status in the community. As far as custom colors go, colors for both admin and VIP were specifically chosen to be able to be easily read, still being special, and reflect their rank. People using other colors would end up getting confusing, ugly, and obnoxious over time.

2. VIP nominations
No. The point of VIP is to be able to provide a method for the server to keep running, not to provide users with an advantage over other players. If they want to play a map so badly, they can try to convince the server to vote for it.

3. Unusual effects on hats
Again, no. Same idea as if we allowed VIP's to "use" aussie weapons. If they do not own the unusual, they should not have the ability to equip one. This specifically would chase away regulars who have spent their time and money trading to get unusuals.

4. Invincibility
I don't see why this would be a thing at all. After rounds end, score tracking from GameMe is turned off, so they're not losing anything from dying.

5. Pets
I wouldn't be offended by this one, as long as the models for the pets weren't overly large/obnoxious. However, I also feel that if it was implemented, other users should also have the ability to toggle whether or not they see them.

6. Custom skins/models
No. Custom models don't always load for everyone correctly, as well as many models containing an inaccurate hitbox, providing an advantage in combat situations.

7. Taunt menu
No. Similar reasons as to why we wouldn't allow the unusuals. If you don't own it yourself, you shouldn't have access to it.

8. Wings
I wouldn't be terribly against seeing wings added as a vip perk. Many other servers have them, and similar to our tails, do not get in the way of everyone enjoying the game.

Things to keep in mind when suggesting VIP perks:

Does it have the potential to break the game, or gamemodes?
If so, there is little chance of it being accepted.

Does it have the possibility of being abused? If so, what are possible things that can be done to restrict it?
An example of this is the ability to use !pdrop when someone starts to piggyback you, as well as the ability to piggybacking off entirely. This is one of the major things that has to be considered when adding a new perk. If it can be used to get into restricted parts of the map, it provides a more than unfair advantage to those who can not use it. We often try perks like these out on idles/trades (kart/portal gun), where it is often the only set of servers where it will fit in appropriately.

Will it turn members away from our community?
Generally overly flashy, or in your face perks, can have a tendency to push people away from the community. Custom sounds, weapons, models (and even some perks we already have, such as trail, and piggyback) tend to be prime example of this.

Does it provide an unfair advantage over the rest of the community?
If so, it will never be implemented on our servers.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I got an added suggestion, but the ability to have a custom join message like admins do (not that they go away over time anyways). I remember when Illuse was resigned but still came on the server, he'd always still have his join msg, and I think he wanted to change it. I don't really see the harm in a custom join message for Full VIP users, but I don't know how half the community would use them, but would also give a chance for Vet Admins who don't have full admin to change it if they had one set previously.
Illuse
Veteran

Post by Illuse »

Dr. Axel Link wrote:I got an added suggestion, but the ability to have a custom join message like admins do (not that they go away over time anyways). I remember when Illuse was resigned but still came on the server, he'd always still have his join msg, and I think he wanted to change it. I don't really see the harm in a custom join message for Full VIP users, but I don't know how half the community would use them, but would also give a chance for Vet Admins who don't have full admin to change it if they had one set previously.
Although I like the idea I see the join message as a sign of adminship and although it would be fun to see what people came up with. just something about possibly seeing about 5 join messages would be kind of confusing.
Last edited by Illuse on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Here's a ref while you suck his furry cock" Idjit
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Dr. Axel Link wrote:I got an added suggestion, but the ability to have a custom join message like admins do (not that they go away over time anyways). I remember when Illuse was resigned but still came on the server, he'd always still have his join msg, and I think he wanted to change it. I don't really see the harm in a custom join message for Full VIP users, but I don't know how half the community would use them, but would also give a chance for Vet Admins who don't have full admin to change it if they had one set previously.
I feel like this is already a thing. I aint an admin but I can still alter my join message through console.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

Abraham wrote:
I feel like this is already a thing. I aint an admin but I can still alter my join message through console.
You were a admin before Abraham.
Last edited by Rigby! on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Rigby! wrote:
Abraham wrote:
You were a admin before Abraham.
I know but I cant see how it would matter as I dont have anything but a VIP on the servers now, unless that ability somehow lingers on you after your admin powers have been removed
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage