Market Gardener Too Weak

broman007
Veteran

Market Gardener Too Weak

Post by broman007 »

I believe that the new nerf on the market gardener was too harsh for the weapon, making it almost useless now.

Recently the market gardener was nerfed to deal 39 damage with no crit and 117 damage with a crit. Before it dealth 195 with and 65 without, which I believed seemed fair. It was able to one shot snipers with no danger shield, pyros, normal scouts, medics, spies, and a few others. But the nerf now prevents a one shot from even happening, and every class must be killed in at least two shots. This is extremely annoying as one of the strong features of the weapon was it's ability to one shot many classes. To certain soldiers who use the rocket jumper and buff banner, the shovel is their only form of damage, and only allowing them to do 117 if they rocket jump is a bit extreme.

Now, I understand that the increased range on the weapon made it a little over-powered, which is understandable. I see how you would want to nerf it. But not allowing a one shot on even classes at 125 health seems too harsh. It makes it useless against classes such as detonator pyros, dead ringer spies, even medics. I think that the market gardener damage should be increased to at least 125 with crit and maybe 45 without, as this allows a one shot on certain classes, but not too many. This allows the soldier to jump around and get a handful of kills, but not allow them to one shot almost all classes, and eventually dominate many enemies.

Please consider this small, but effective, buff, as many players who usually play market gardener soldiers do not play him anymore just because of this large nerf.

Sincerely, Broman.
Drewski
Veteran

Re: Market Gardener Too Weak

Post by Drewski »

The weapon nerf was needed in my opinion. You had some players that were so good at it that they were running the fun for people in the opposing team. I'm not saying someone shouldn't be playing bad on purpose, but yes it was extremely over powered in the hands of some players.

If enough players also complain we may change our descison but for now the nerf stays.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

It was recently changed due to being considered "overpowered". I would like to see it have a least a few more days for it to be tried out before we revert/implement other changes to the weapon. If changed, I believe a more balanced damage would actually be 151 on a crit, as it is typically used as a counter pick to danger shield snipers. With it set to 151, only scouts, spies, and snipers would get one shot by the market gardener at full health. The problem with it being at 195 was it one shot scouts, spies, snipers, pyros, medics, demos running launcher, and engineers without gunslinger.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Rigby!

Post by Rigby! »

MoneyKidKing wrote:I believe a more balanced damage would actually be 151 on a crit, as it is typically used as a counter pick to danger shield snipers. With it set to 151, only scouts, spies, and snipers would get one shot by the market gardener at full health.
Also medics have max health of 150.
Last edited by Rigby! on Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

I'd have to agree with Money's judgment on this one. Give it time, and if more complaints arise, increase the weapon's normal damage to 45. (Just so you know, Money, it's impossible to deal 151 damage with a crit; the number is not divisible by 3.)
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
Dankey Chan

Post by Dankey Chan »

Has anyone thought about lowering the range of the market gardener?

I hear most of the complaints from other players were that the market gardeners range is "too long"

idk thats my opinion.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I will look at it again in a few weeks. Maybe tweak it a bit more.
ImageImage
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Changed Market Gardener damage from 117 to 127 per hit.
Last edited by Fire on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage