Problems with phishers?

Banshee

Problems with phishers?

Post by Banshee »

Anyone have problems with phishing bots? Or private profiles adding you, even though you just block/ignore anyways? I've developed a fix for this.

https://github.com/dragonbanshee/node-s ... te-profile

Basically follow the install instructions. If anyone adds you and their profile is private/not created, it will automatically ignore it so you don't need to deal with them.

If you need help with anything concerning it, feel free to add me on steam.

Dodgeball
Trade #1
Trade #2
Trade #3

Click on the picture to go to my profile!
Satan wrote:Small but good, like my penis.
Ibuix wrote:You're a real life saver. A nigga, if you will
ChaoticSlink

Re: Problems with phishers?

Post by ChaoticSlink »

I does work, definitely a useful tool for big time traders.

I wrote that when I was drunk... Playing* Hahahah, beautiful. I'm not even gonna fix it.
McKon
Veteran
Location: The Netherlands, North-Brabant, Dongen, Oranjeplein 53

Post by McKon »

Isn't it a better idea to ignore lvl 0 players instead of private profiles? I have no experience in trading but some higher traders have their profile private against phishers right?
-McKon
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

McKon wrote:Isn't it a better idea to ignore lvl 0 players instead of private profiles? I have no experience in trading but some higher traders have their profile private against phishers right?
High tier traders who have their profile private deserve to be blocked. If you are not going to let people check your profile and inventory, you may as well just stop trading.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Mindacos
Veteran

Post by Mindacos »

MoneyKidKing wrote:
McKon wrote:Isn't it a better idea to ignore lvl 0 players instead of private profiles? I have no experience in trading but some higher traders have their profile private against phishers right?
High tier traders who have their profile private deserve to be blocked. If you are not going to let people check your profile and inventory, you may as well just stop trading.
This so much.
Also, making your profile private doesn't even help against phishers, they'll add you regardless.
Last edited by Mindacos on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banshee

Post by Banshee »

Mindacos wrote:
MoneyKidKing wrote:
This so much.
Also, making your profile private doesn't even help against phishers, they'll add you regardless.
Well yeah of course they add you, that's what it's supposed to do. They'll add you, and it'll immediately be ignored I their profile
Is private.

Soon I'll add it so level 0s are also blocked.
Last edited by Banshee on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dodgeball
Trade #1
Trade #2
Trade #3

Click on the picture to go to my profile!
Satan wrote:Small but good, like my penis.
Ibuix wrote:You're a real life saver. A nigga, if you will
McKon
Veteran
Location: The Netherlands, North-Brabant, Dongen, Oranjeplein 53

Post by McKon »

alright, again I'm not into trading that much so I have no idea. Thx for the heads up everyone ;)
-McKon